PDA

View Full Version : question to successful folks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VALEWIS
Mon, Jun-14-04, 07:08
Along with weight loss, can any of you successful folks tell me about what happens to upper respiratory allergies/hay fever symptoms? Any changes for anyone?

Thanks,

Val

Kristine
Tue, Jun-15-04, 14:20
Hi Val. I can't say I've noticed much of a difference, but from what I understand, a proper omega 6 / omega 3 fat ratio can help the inflammatory reactions such as asthma.

PS - I moved your question from the Success Stories forum because that automatically adds a http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/buttons/success.gif link. If/when you post an actual success story, we want the link to go to that. :)

doreen T
Tue, Jun-15-04, 14:34
....automatically adds a http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/buttons/success.gif link. If/when you post an actual success story, we want the link to go to that. :)
I've removed the link to avoid confusion.

p.s. - Val, lookiing forward to your own success story soon :cool:

Doreen

Kaillean
Wed, Jun-16-04, 11:54
HI Val,

My allergies have practically disappeared. It's like a miracle to me. I have severe excema as well as seasonal allergies (hayfever, etc). I used to get itchy, watery eyes and a lot of sinus trouble. Also occasionally some coughing and breathing problems.

I've been on Atkins now for two springs and have not had any allergy symptoms. Nor in the fall. My excema has also cleared up.

I am taking essential fatty acids, along with Vit E and C and my multi. I also suspect I had an allergy to either wheat or gluten as I when I eat these foods my skin issues do return (though not nearly as bad).

Good luck!

csoar2004
Sat, Sep-11-04, 08:48
My allergies (hayfever type) have disappeared completely. I'm thinking something in my diet (dairy, probably, since I've discovered I'm sensitive to it. :o), contributed to the development of environmental allergies in my ol---midd---chronologically gifted years. :D
Sheesh! I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it feels to be slender and healthy again. Wahoooooooooooo!

Itty
Sun, Sep-12-04, 15:11
Hi

I had a mild asthma when I was 163-169, and had ventolin that I used on occasion. I do not use it now, and don't have the out of breath feeling I used to.

Allergies are still cruel and unusual!

M