PDA

View Full Version : food balance

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Deb White
Wed, Sep-05-01, 23:41
I'm new (obviously), have been on LC WOE for 4 weeks and feeling ok but very very tired. I have stayed on the induction as I have trouble on weekends (as most of us do) keeping on track.

Taking my multivitamin as well as Magnesium (just starting to get cramps at night).

I have checked out what others have been eating and am concerned my fibre, protein & fat balance is not right. I have not found in any posts or in the Atkins book to tell me if there even should be a correct balance.

I have been keeping a journal on Fitday & this has helped me considerably with checking my carb intake, but I have noticed that my intake daily (approx) for Fibre is gm, Fat is 52% and Protein 45%. Is this ok???

If someone could enlighten me I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Deb

PS: I am addicted to this site but just haven't had a chance to post. Hopefully this will be the start of a wonderful relationship.

Karen
Thu, Sep-06-01, 09:43
Hi Deb,

I would say that your protein is too high and fat too low. What amount of calories are you taking in daily?

Karen

Sarlye
Thu, Sep-06-01, 11:33
Welcome and you will find that everyone is very helpful and supportive here.

Maybe if you post what you eat in the journal, others here will have an idea what might be making you tired?

I was very tired from the 3rd week on and then I started taking Flax Seed Oil Capsules, B50 compound and B6 along with my other vitamins and now, my energy level is a lot better.

Keep posting!

Deb White
Thu, Sep-06-01, 17:43
Thanks for the thoughts,

I started a journal yesterday after I posted this.

Please let me know what you think??

Thanks

Deb

debbiedobson
Fri, Sep-07-01, 08:26
welcome deb!:D