PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a newby....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

arctic_gal
Sun, Jun-13-04, 11:43
Greetings from Alaska!

I joined this site so I could find support and encouragement, as well as information about products and challenges. I started low-carb on Jan. 17th, 2004 with a 100# weight loss goal. I am currently at 21 weeks and lost 31 pounds, but it seems to be happening so slowly now. It's not really the slow progress that gets me discouraged, but the yo-yo'ing a few pounds up or down for a week or two in-between that drives me crazy. Does this happen with everyone? In my own mind I feel like if the weight loss is slow, but I am sticking to the plan, I'm truly adopting the low-carb lifestyle for life and the weight is less likely to return. Losing and gaining weight back has been a lifetime challenges. I want to lose it for good this time.

I'm also wondering about how to really compare all these new low-carb products that are coming out. Some of them taste absolutely sinful :-) so I just have a gut feeling they can't be too good for you. I do know that the longer I'm on low-carb, the more I am looking for some variety, but don't want to sabbotage myself.

Thanks for any comments you share, but also I thank everyone that is on this site as I feel this is a tremendous resource for people... especially for those like me who live alone and in a rural, isolated area, with no identified local people to share in the joys and struggles of this process.

Be happy!

missy7938
Sun, Jun-13-04, 13:51
Hello and welcome to the forum! You can find excellent support here! Do you get any exercise? I am losing weight quickly from low carbing and working out.
I don't eat any of the new low carb prepared foods that are popping up like crazy everywhere, so can't help with that question. I do believe that you should try to eat as natural as possible and beware of anything labeled "low carb". Best of luck to you! Missy