PDA

View Full Version : New today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sasha99
Sat, Jun-12-04, 00:07
Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy to have found this forum.

I've been trying to lose weight for years, but the thing that brought me here was that lately I've been hyperaware of the way my body feels during the day when I'm hungry, after I eat, when I'm under stress, etc. After a very strange episode one afternoon in a restaurant after a day of not eating, I decided to start testing my blood sugar. Much to my dismay, as I tested at different times during the day it could be as low as 40 in the morning before eating, to 180 two hours after eating. It's all over the map.

I read Dr. Bernstein's book and it made sense that limiting carbs should bring blood sugar under control, as well as cause weight loss. I've only been doing this for a couple of days, but my late husband was a type I diabetic and I'm very familiar with interpreting bs readings.

I'll sign off here for now and post some specific questions in the appropriate areas. Looking forward to learning about myself and my metabolism.

:)

AFwife
Sat, Jun-12-04, 03:29
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif