PDA

View Full Version : new and something is wrong

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

luckieme
Fri, Jun-11-04, 20:21
hi i am new here and to atkins. I am on day 8 and have not lost a pound. What could be wrong.
breakfast 2 eggs
lunch one of the following
fish, chicken grilled, burgers with cheddar and mayo, fish
dinner same as lunch
broccoli with lunch and dinner
80 ounces water
the stix says i am doing good.

I mean it!
Fri, Jun-11-04, 22:05
I think you should wait and see what happens at 14 days. Their is something we here affectionately call the "Whoosh Fairy". Some people will go for a while and not show a loss on the scale, then one day . . .WHOOSH. . .and 5 pounds (or however much) are gone overnight. Also please measure yourself now, and keep an eye on inches lost. Keep us posted. (Your menu looks good-maybe add some more fat.) Carlene
P.S. Check out Fitday.com to track your carb intake, etc.

Nessaleah
Fri, Jun-11-04, 22:06
Don't get discouraged...I didn't lose anything my first week. It took almost two weeks before the scale moved for me. And when I finally weighed, I had lost 10 pounds! The stix are telling you that you are doing things right so be patient and your persistence will pay off. Every body is unique. Be sure to measure yourself! Try not to rely on the scale too much and chart your progress by how you feel. Keep us posted :)

Cara73
Fri, Jun-11-04, 22:37
I will say again, www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) . It sounds like your calorie intake may be low. It's important to get enough calories in. Fitday will show your BMR, and that is about where your calories should be. If you're exercising, you'll need to increase that. There are people on here that are great at figuring out what the total amount of calories should be. Jagbender is awesome and he always seems to be willing to help.

Just a thought :idea:

luckieme
Sat, Jun-12-04, 07:15
Thanks for your replys. How can i add more fat? and iwent to fitday and registerded. How do i find the calories I need there? I have searched and searchd and cant seem to find it.
Thanks for all your help.

black57
Sat, Jun-12-04, 08:37
Butter, olive oil, fatty meats ( eat the dark meat instead of the white meat of chicken ), coconut oil, peanut oil. These oils and butter can be used to sautee veggies and meats. They add good flavor and consider them as being healthy for you. Many people have a hard time adding fats and oils to their diets because we have been raised on the mantra that these things are bad for you. Think of them as nutritious and necessary.

oldcodfish
Sun, Jun-13-04, 01:04
At first I told my boyfriend that I was only going to give low carbs a month. It's 17 days and I have not lost anything. I reread the book :read: and am keeping track of what I eat on fitday.com. My boyfriend is telling me that I have picked the wrong diet. (NOt too supportive) But on my own I think that I will stick this out for an extra month. I am hoping for the big whoosh. I am burning about 600 calories more than I eat (fitday average). Seems with that I should loose a pound every six days, even if I wasn't LCing.
I guess the whoosh fairy doesn't know where I live. I do want to say that I feel great, there aren't alot of cravings anymore. I haven't lost inches, weight, but I have had a bad complexion since I was 11. I am now 46...and my friend noticed that my skin is clearing up!!!! Cool. Finally.
ok...
I love this site.

:wave: Over here Whoosh Fairy :wave: I am over here :wave:

I mean it!
Sun, Jun-13-04, 01:54
Please note, if you get Coconut oil, make sure it is VIRGIN or EXTRA VIRGIN coconut oil. It tastes divine (I love coconut) and is better for you than other kinds. I bought the NOW brand, and it was about the cheapest I could find. Having never tried it I did not want to invest in a big, expensive jar of it, so I got the 12 ouncer. It was about 9 or 10 dollars heere in Alaska. I checked on their website and it was comparably priced considering postage. Carlene

Nessaleah
Sun, Jun-13-04, 12:28
Yes, and also be sure that it is UNREFINED Virgin Coconut Oil. I use it to add fat to my diet too. I get mine at www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com.

luckieme
Wed, Jun-16-04, 06:35
Hi Guess what i finanally lost a few pounds. I am excited. Thanks to all of your help.

simplydawn
Wed, Jun-16-04, 06:52
Hi Guess what i finanally lost a few pounds. I am excited. Thanks to all of your help.

Oh...that's so GREAT! I am glad that you stuck w/ it, and didnt let the numbers on the scale :devil: discourage you!

I have gone 3-5 weeks at a time without losing, let me tell you THAT is pretty discouraging, and talk about changing your mindset NOT to rely on what the scales were telling me, but to learn to listen to my body, and like all the other POSITIVE things that were happening to my body physically and honestly, emotionally.

1-Skin- my skin has cleared up tremendously, I have psorisis on my arms and some on my legs.. the legs-gone..the arms- occasional patch of just little redness, not scaly or yuk! :) Good in my profession as my arms are seen and used as one of my 'tools'....

2-Health-where do I start? Cholesterol -down down down..documented w/lab tests before and during.. I am not going to say after..cause I am in this for the long haul! Diabetes-Off of insulin injections and one oral, now only taking one oral med. Intestinal-I havent had one Irritable bowel episode since beginning..not ONE.

3-Emotional-I can see clearly now the FOG is gone...
I am feeling better, in charge of my life, alert, thinking much more clearer.., I Mood swings are next to nil.. and if they do begin to swing, they are manageable.. and probably now.. normal :)

I could go on.. cause really there has been so much that has occured in my life since l'c'ing ( been last day of Jan, 2004) but in essence, I had to wait out the ugly scale weigh in's that told me.. "Dawn ...give up!"

Also.. I know this is getting long winded, sorry.... Your fat cells are probably panicking and sucking up all available water to fill that space that fat actually was stored... and this is a scientific fact, reworded in Dawn's laymans terms.

Feel free to stop into my journal and chit chat.. .and keep up the great attitudes!

CherishJoy
Wed, Jun-16-04, 07:19

YAY! That is a very encouraging news! This is my third day of induction and I was getting worried because I have not lost a pound yet! But now I am very encouraged and realize IT TAKES TIME!

Congrats, luckieme! Best of luck on your weight loss journey! :)

Isn't this site great?

nikkil
Wed, Jun-16-04, 07:22
If it gets to be an issue, try hiding your scale (or even better-get somebody else to hide it for you!). I have self-sabotaged more times than I care to admit, because of a "bad" weigh-in. Try hiding it from one TOM to the next and weigh yourself AFTER TOM. Follow the plan to the letter and when you weigh yourself you'll get a great reward -- kinda like Christmas :D :D

Nicole