PDA

View Full Version : Atkin's Weight Loss.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Maethos
Fri, Jun-11-04, 16:07
I started following the Atkin's diet on Wednesday June 2. Since then I've lost 12 pounds. It seems like the weight it coming off too quickly! I've been maintaining my carb intake to between 15 and 20g a day. I'm strictly following the induction guidelines. Is this a bad thing somehow? Should I increase my carb intake and slow down the weight loss? Don't get me wrong I like the fact that the weight is coming off easily....but....is it a healthy rate of weight loss?

Cara73
Fri, Jun-11-04, 16:14
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't think I'd be too concerned. The first week, the weight comes off very rapidly. Mainly because a large portion of it is water weight. Trust me, it will taper off. Your body is cleansing itself right now. It sounds like you're doing everything correctly.

Congrats on a great start!!!

lbsbgone
Fri, Jun-11-04, 16:14
Congratulations on the quick loss and I'd say enjoy it while it lasts. A lot of people see quick weight loss in the first couple of weeks (probably mainly due to a loss in water weight) and then it tends to slow down. As long as you're getting your vegetables and remaining at about 20g carbs I don't see a problem with it.

idontno
Sat, Jun-12-04, 12:28
looks like your doing fine, it will slow down soon enough just keep up the good work... about a pound and half to two pounds per week was my goal.. it seemed like i had a stall at every ten pounds lost. atkins works:) if you have more weight you want to lose faster stay on induction as long as ya can.

DaddioM
Sat, Jun-12-04, 13:19
I lost 13lbs in the first week and then stalled for a week and a half...enjoy the loss...and don't get frustrated by the first stall. Measure yourself if you haven't. A lot of time during the first stall, you're still losing inches without losing weight. That was the case for me.

Welcome to LCing!! You're doing great.

Here is a thread I created for people new to this WOE..hope it helps.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=175492

4beans4me
Mon, Jan-31-05, 07:49
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/Birthday4.gif

Maethos
Fri, Feb-04-05, 16:56
Thanks for the Happy Birthday.:)

Sweetcake
Sat, Feb-05-05, 18:08
Welcome to the forums!!!!