PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this forum.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CompuMom
Thu, Jun-10-04, 16:15
I'm not sure how I came upon this site, most of the time I spend on line is on political blogs and MB. I just started my diet 8 days ago, and have lost 12 pounds. It's a twist on the Atkins diet, and it seems to be working. Instead of low carbs, I'm doing "no" carbs for the first 3 weeks. I have my food all planned out, I even have snacks-no sugar jello, and carb free whipping cream from Land o Lakes.

oldcodfish
Fri, Jun-11-04, 09:33
12 pounds in 8 days...those are the results I dreamt of...but I haven't lost a thing yet....day 16 now. I told myself I'd give the low carbing a month..so another 2 weeks to go before I give up.

nets33
Fri, Jun-11-04, 11:38
Welcome!

Congrats on your great success so far! There are lots of recipes here that might be able to help you with your meal planning.

Good luck,
Kiks

curlytoat
Wed, Jun-16-04, 13:39
So what kind of diet is this?

CompuMom
Fri, Jun-18-04, 09:42
I'm working on eating high fiber greens (spinach, radich, chard, etc) and the usual chicken, lamb, seafood, etc. Seems to be working well. As of today I've lost a total of 22 lbs. My rings are getting ready to fall off because of the weight loss, I'm so tickled. I've had blood tests, for colesterol, thyroid, as well as other tests, and I'm fine. My cholesterol is 113 as of Friday and that's good. Are you on a specific diet?

Cara73
Fri, Jun-18-04, 10:28
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

I think you'll find this site very supportive and informative. The people here are amazing.

Best of luck to you!!!