PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Abubo
Thu, Jun-10-04, 14:39
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I've been LC-ing for over a year now... got some good progress initially, but due to family reasons stopped for a while and gain some of it back. Now I'm going down the path again, and this time I know I'll reach my goal.

In the past I've been trying to hide my efforts, maybe too embarrased to admit that I am obese. But now I'm all out; I guess I gotta be honest with myself. Yes, I am overweight, and I need to reach a healthy weight for my own health and for my family's future.

My goal: to reach my ideal weight by this time next year, and to have a set of before/after pictures of my own.

Heh, that was not as hard as I'd imagined. :)

Cara73
Thu, Jun-10-04, 15:54
Hello there and welcome to the site :wave:

Congratulations on admitting that to yourself. We are ALL here for the same reason, maybe that's what makes it easier. This is the best place for support. The people here are amazing. I recommend you start your own journal to log your meals, thoughts and so on. Also, www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) is a great tool, you can log all of your meals there and it will keep track of calories, carbs and so on.

Wishing you the best!!!

Petrina31
Thu, Jun-10-04, 17:50
Welcome aboard!

This is a great place for support, advice and encouragement. You've made wonderful progress and it's definitely a realistic goal you've set for yourself.

Best of luck to you.

Hugs,
Petrina

elimy
Thu, Jun-10-04, 17:52
Welcome Abubo! :wave:

Glad you could join us!

Emily

orchidday
Fri, Jun-11-04, 21:06
Welcome aboard! I started and lost weight for six months then I quit and came back about a year later....... Needless to say, I had gained it all back except three pounds! But you know, we can step up to the plate and really dedicate ourselves to finishing it this time :)! I hope you will join us in the Triple Digits Club where we really have a chance to talk and learn about the special issues that affect us. I am glad you are here and hope I see you posting even more!

Orchid

AFwife
Sat, Jun-12-04, 03:31
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif