PDA

View Full Version : Can someone take a look at my meal plan for one day

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fishergirl
Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:58
This morning I had

water (lots of it)

and and 2carb atkins morning bar less than 1g sugar

mid lunch snack

very tiny celery stalks with cream cheese

lunch

la tortilla factory tortilla
mustard
drizzle of kens steakhouse ceaser dressing (0 Carbs) less than 1 sugar
1 slice fresh provlone cheese
1 cup lettuce
and 4 slices fresh cut roast beef ( i havent ate red meat in a long time, this looked to good once I made it)

Dinner

two turkey patties
with slice of chedder cheese
and mustard

snack

1/4 cup of BEN and Jerrys Carb Karma Half Baked Goodness 5 carbs per 1/4 cup
(it was like a slice of heaven)
The best flavor ever

Pandora23
Wed, Jun-09-04, 13:18
If you are doing induction you shouldn't be having the bars, tortillas or ice cream, the atkins website has a list of all foods that can be eaten during induction. You may want to try some more things to up your fat. Avocado, make sure you cook with oils etc. Make sure to have plenty of veggies too.

LucyLucy
Wed, Jun-09-04, 13:57
I see not enough vegetables, too many frankenfoods, not enough fats, not enough food, not enough calories. If you put all that into www.fitday.com, you'd probably find you're in starvation mode. What diet are you on? fitday is a great resource for information on what we eat, usually we're surprised at how much we are (or are not) getting on a daily basis.

If you're doing low-carb, I"d get rid of the ice cream, per your profile, you have a lot to lose and a long way to go, best to not tempt the cravings by continuing to eat the stuff.

Did you do Induction? It's a great way to de-tox the body, eliminate the cravings. Atkins works great, but we need to do it right. The book and the website www.atkins.com are a great source of information, along with all the great people here!

Good luck!

LL :)

fishergirl
Wed, Jun-09-04, 15:44
i did induction, and this is my 3rd week
i cut back to prevent a stall,
i dont get cravings and have lot of will power
so i didnt think the ice cream would matter long as I watched the carbs

I am going to go read somemore to make sure I am doing this right

thanks for the help/advice
peace
fg

fishergirl
Wed, Jun-09-04, 16:22
I am now a member of fitday, boy do i need more carbs I was only at 12 carbs for the day and 968 calories, I have more reading to do.
but thanks again!
peace
fg

LucyLucy
Wed, Jun-09-04, 16:53
See? I love that site! Eventually you'll get to the point of knowing without all the logging, but it works great.

I have a big salad at lunch from my cafeteria, I created a CUSTOM FOOD, and I just pick that daily to add to my totals, very easy!

At 968 calories, you are definitely in starvation mode, your body shuts down............If you exercise a lot, you will need to up your calories and carbs by 5-10, to make up for what you burn off during high-intensity workouts.

If you have 'extra' carbs to add, use them wisely, with vegetables, not refined carbs or ice cream. I had only had 10 carbs and ate all day one time, so I made toast (dark rye has less carbs than white), boy, did I pay! Weight went up, took almost a week & half to get it back down to where it was, simply not worth it until I get to maintenance................

LL :)

Elsah
Wed, Jun-09-04, 17:55
i did induction, and this is my 3rd week
i cut back to prevent a stall,
i dont get cravings and have lot of will power
so i didnt think the ice cream would matter long as I watched the carbs

I am going to go read somemore to make sure I am doing this right

thanks for the help/advice
peace
fg

For me, I lost MORE when I went to OWL and increased my carbs and veggie servings. Eating the right food typically doesn't cause true stalls. The ice cream, tortillas and bars can definately do that though.

Jenn