PDA

View Full Version : What if I go over 20 carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

twistermom
Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:34
I totally screwed up this morning. I am eating celery and peanut butter and it has a ton of carbs. I hardly have any left for the rest of the day. What should I do besides not eat celery for breakfast anymore?

Janetly
Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:57
its not the celery, its the peanut butter. try celery with cream cheese, or get all natural peanut butter.
As far as going over, I'd just stick as low as I could - but not starve myself or fret over eating a few more than 20. I've accidentally gotten myself up around 30 before, but stayed in ketosis and didnt notice a gain. (That was my first day).

Good luck!

twistermom
Wed, Jun-09-04, 07:03
Thank you!

Pandora23
Wed, Jun-09-04, 07:56
Are you doing Induction, if you are you are not supposed to be having peanut butter at all. For breakfast I have hard boiled eggs, mock danish, porkrind frenchtoast or deviled eggs.

twistermom
Wed, Jun-09-04, 08:01
Yes...still on induction. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to have peanut butter....thanks! I only got Atkins info from the net, I need to buy the book.

Cinderella
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:22
If you get tired of the eggs...have leftovers for breaky...chicken, burgers, ham/cheese roll ups, turkey/mayo rollups.

I suggest you look at the recipe boards... :D So many great ideas.

Toss the idea of conventional breakies out the window and allow yourself some freedom for the first meal of the day! :D

Have fun with it..cin :cool:

twistermom
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:47
Thanks for the info....I am going for the cream cheese pancakes tomorrow!

DWRolfe
Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:15
And switch to LC nut butters for when you're beyond Induction. They are tasty.