PDA

View Full Version : Hello There! I'm a Loser From Tennessee!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

zipetydoda
Tue, Jun-08-04, 21:46
Hello You guys!

I am so happy to have found you all and this place where we can cling to each other in moments of weakness. I tried the atkins diet 20 years ago when I was 21 and didn't really give it a chance...I got hungry for sugar and went off of it.

I've been low carbing for 5years or so with no weight loss. 3 years ago I went to excercising 3 days a week with a jane fonda tape. I had no weight loss. Then 1 year ago I went to 5 day a week excercise with the jane fonda tape or a buns of steel tape. No weight loss still! then 3 weeks ago I went to 5 days a week excercise for 1 hour and 35 minutes. Now my weight was still not coming off...

so I said to myself, HEY SELF!!! It's your diet!!! I'm probably like the commercial I've been seeing on tv for E-Diets where the woman says, "My husband & I thought we were doing atkins, by not eating any bread or pasta...but it turns out we were doing it all wrong" I read a post on this forum last Tuesday telling us to go back to the induction rules and I started last Wednesday....on atkins induction...and limiting my calories to 1200 per day. Thursday I got on the scale...I'd lost 1 pound! Friday I got on the scale..I lost another pound! Saturday I got on the scale..I lost another pound!!! that is 3 pounds in 3 days!! Saturday and sunday or my no excercise days so Sunday I didn't feel bad when I didn't lose any weight...but I ate 23 carbs on Sunday and an extra 200 calories so figured by monday my weight would jump back up...but NOOOOO! I lost another pound!!! Praise the Lord and Jump for Joy!!!

Monday and Tuesday so far no further weight loss..but I am thrilled with losing 3 pounds in one week!!! Tomorrow is wednesday and marks exactly one week since I took the advice of some angel on this forum...thank you so much for being there! We can do this!!!
Warmest Regards,
Loriann

Cara73
Tue, Jun-08-04, 21:59
CONGRATULATIONS :yay: That is awesome. This forum is amazing. I've only been here a week now, and I've learned SO much. All of the support and information is unbelievable.

I'm very happy for you and your loss. Keep up the good work!!!

sevenclark
Tue, Jun-08-04, 22:44
Welcome Lorianne;
You're off to a great start! Good to have you here :) You'll find all kinds of good advice and wonderful people.
Julie

nets33
Wed, Jun-09-04, 06:49
congrats! It's always nice to see that weight come off!

Good luck,
Kiks

zipetydoda
Wed, Jun-09-04, 22:18
Hey Cara and Julie & Kiks! Thank You for your response, there are a lot of posts on here and it would be tough to keep up with all of them..so I appreciate your encouragement. I loved somebodies quote on here it said "Failure is giving into what you want most for what you want now!" I love that...and it will be a good reminder for me to stop from binging.
Take care guys! see ya on the way down!!! Yahoo!!!
Loriann

MilanoSI
Thu, Jun-10-04, 12:07
Welcome Loriann and congrats on your loss so far. :wave: You are doing great! I am another fellow Tennessean and it's good to see others from TN on the board.

Cara73
Thu, Jun-10-04, 15:50
Hi Loriann,

I know, that quote really hit home for me. I think of it every time I think of cheating. It's so true. I've wanted to lose weight for so long, but those short term thoughts of that pizza will be awesome has always stopped me from sticking with it.

I'm glad it has helped somebody else :)

Hope you're having a great LC day!!!

elimy
Thu, Jun-10-04, 17:58
Welcome Zipetydoda! :wave:

I'd highly recommend starting a journal in the forum...just start a new thread in the "journals/bootcamp" room and that's your journal, so name it wisely!
It will add a journal button to your posts. People will stop by with advice and encouragement and you can do the same in theirs.

Glad you could join us and congrats on the success!! Isn't it great!?

Emily