PDA

View Full Version : Nice to meet you

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marion1982
Tue, Jun-08-04, 21:29
Hi everyone-
I'm just beginning a low carb diet. If you have any tips, recipes, or other suggestions please feel free to let me know. I am so excited that I found a forum like this. Good luck with your weight-loss!

Cara73
Tue, Jun-08-04, 21:51
Hi Marion,

Welcome to the forum :wave: . There is a recipe section of this site that has some awesome recipes. Also, I recommend starting a journal, it's on the front page under Journal/Bootcamp. It's a great way to get some help and meet a lot of awesome people. Also, www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com) is a free website you can set up an account with and log all of the foods you eat. You can see just how many carbs, fats and so on. Just a double check to what you eat. I live by it.

Best of luck to you!!

nets33
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:00
Welcome!

Glad you found us here.... always good to have new members join the fray.

Good luck,
Kiks

skpaddie
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:09
Welcome to the forum. My only advice is to join fitday, it's so useful. If you're wondering about anything, feel free to ask. Good luck ;)

Talla
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:23
I just started a few days ago. I was advised to sign up to fitday. It was great advise. I found I was not eating enough. Once I increased my food intake I felt alot better. Reading everyone's posts has also given me alot of info on what works and what doesn't.
Good luck

marion1982
Wed, Jun-09-04, 13:20
I just created my fit day account. It seems like a really great web site. I am so excited to use it. Thanks for the advice!

Willbeslim
Wed, Jun-09-04, 13:45
hi there. i am new too. might need some help from time to time to keep me on track. i have got a lot to go (50lbs) am 175lbs now but used to be 115 - 120. Feel VERY uncomfortable now. :mad: this sight is great though and it looks really supportive - so much to it! keep me posted! Simone

RoseEm
Wed, Jun-09-04, 14:09
Hello All...just started SB on Monday after mucho research and past success/failures (WW/Atkins). Am hopeful this is the answer for me. I have so many questions but will wait a few days to see if I can find the answers in past threads.
Have found GREAT stuff here and am thankful there is so much support for everyone.
Peace and luck with your goals!

RoseEmEn

"Gotta pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues, and you know it don't come easy." Ringo :cool:

Ami28
Wed, Jun-09-04, 14:12
Good luck Marion,
I've joined this forum recently myself and honestly I am in love with it already as opposed to being in love wtih chocolate chip cookies. My advice to you and all others is to start a journal and to continue reading other people's posts they are very inspiring and we all need a succes story from time to time to keep us going, well at least I do :D.
take care and have a great low carb day