PDA

View Full Version : Foods To Eat To Lose Weight Quicker For Ppl Who Has Little Weight To Loose

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

xotcbabe
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:15
hi THERE.. i've been on atkins for quite sometime now and i haven't lost anytHING. Well, i did lose 1 pound but i still feel the same. I dont have that much to lose so im just wondering what should i do to really lose weight. What foods i should be eating.
thanks much

cpreece
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:19
I would love to know the same thing. I started lowering my calories yesterday to see if that helps.

xotcbabe
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:30
cpreece,

how tall are you? it seems that you had lost some weight already. as for me im about 5'3 or 5'4 not sure...but i haven't lost any... ughghghhg

MaryToU
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:30
Maybe it is not going to come down to the food you are eating as much as the need to increase you exercise? Also keep in mind you body will only lose on low carb what is good for it, then it will stop. Just because you think you body should be lower, maybe your body thinks it is fine right where it is. Maybe you would be better off looking at your clothing sizes over the scale?

xotcbabe
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:32
thansk marytou,
my dresses looks okay, somehow i kinda gain some inches.. i dunno i just feel that way. i dunno what else to do. I usually just eat cheeseburger without the bun almost everyday coz i have no time to get a decent meal and to prepare one.[/SIZE]

MaryToU
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:34
The best advice I can give is to start exercising, and build up some muscle mass. This will help you all the way around, you will be able to eat more and feel better about yourself. It may take a couple of months work, but around 4 months you should notice a difference.

xotcbabe
Tue, Jun-08-04, 17:15
do YOU think its better if i do low carb and low calorie instead?

LucyLucy
Tue, Jun-08-04, 19:11
I'm curious to know what diet you actually are on. Did you read the book? Did you do Induction? Did you do Ongoing Weight Loss? Maybe the reason you're not losing weight is you're not following a particular plan. www.atkins.com and www.fitday.com have a lot of info, tips for success, and tracking your food choices on fitday is a great way to see what you're eating. Your comment about the cheeseburger leads me to believe you arent' following Atkins.

LL :)

cpreece
Tue, Jun-08-04, 19:37
cpreece, how tall are you?

I'm 5'4"

I did a strict induction and lots of exercise. I too am at a set point for weight loss. I think I'm going to concentrate more on muscle tone instead of actually being too thin.