PDA

View Full Version : Salad dressing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

twistermom
Tue, Jun-08-04, 10:17
What about salad dressing? I have been using the Carb Well. Are there other dressings out there that are just as good?

jagbender
Tue, Jun-08-04, 10:20
Most regular Blue cheese and Ranch dressings are low carb. Just read the labels.

:)
Jag

suzanneM
Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:19
I love Marie's blue cheese. Tastes great and less than a carb a serving.

You'll find that many regular dressings are naturally low carb. You can also make your own!

bcbeauty
Tue, Jun-08-04, 12:14
Carb Options makes good dressing as well.

Arizona B
Tue, Jun-08-04, 16:08
Paul Newman's Ceasar is really low carb and is fantastic. Just watch for the sugar in your dressings.

cs_carver
Wed, Jun-09-04, 08:50
The things to look for are sugar, and high fructose corn syrup. I can't handle ANY HFCS at all, no matter where it is in the ingredients list, but I can manage sugar if it's way down near the bottom. I don't buy anything if the sugar is within the first four ingredients.

Or make your own, and leave the sugars out.

Cinderella
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:17
I use plain old MAYO...luv it! :D

cin

twistermom
Wed, Jun-09-04, 09:29
I did try that the other day and it was yummy. I am sure I looked odd to a few people.

DWRolfe
Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:14
I eat Marie's. I love the Ranch, Caesar or Creamy Italian. Just read the labels and watch out for sugar content.

Qmass
Wed, Jun-09-04, 13:59
I don't know how widely it's available, but Maple Grove Farms of Vermont makes a low carb, sugarfree, bacon vinegrette dressing that is mild and tasty! It has less than 1 gram of carbs for a 2 tablespoon serving. They make two other flavors as well - haven't tried them.