PDA

View Full Version : Progress on Atkins since Jan. '04???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Micker84
Tue, Jun-08-04, 07:11
I'm interested and would love to hear about everybody's progress on Atkins since January 2004.

I started Atkins in January 2004 (still on induction since I have so much to lose). I have made great progress but have come to a screeching halt for a couple of months now. How is everybody else's progress going?

Thanks!! :)

jagbender
Tue, Jun-08-04, 07:19
What are you eating? How many calories a day? Are you exercising?
Thanks
Jag

jemman
Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:33
well, in january, i weighed 279 pounds, but was 9 months pregnant at the time. after i had my baby, i started just generally dieting... with no real knowledge about dieting because i never had before... just cut out the stuff i knew was crap- cookies, chips, etc... by my 6 week checkup the begining of march, i had lost 40 pounds & was down to 239- knowing i had lost all my baby weight by that point, i was NOT going to stay there like i had with my previous child. so, i started reading and began LCing begining of april- since then, i've lost another 41 pounds. so, 81 pounds lost all together since January, even tho the 1st 40 dont really count cuz they were baby weight. im not weighing myself again til mid-july, im pretty scared about not losing anymore. i know my progress is going to slow since the initial "flush" but i havent really felt much different lately. i'm still kinda on induction, but not really. i've added pre-m foods to my diet, but am still sticking to 20ish net carbs a day

Micker84
Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:48
Wow Jemman 81 pounds since January that's GREAT! Keep me posted!!! Keep up the good work and thanks!
Jag - I've read your great posts on BMR (thanks) and does it seem like I'm eating enough? I've tried using Fitday and the days that I was able to get everything entered in correctly it seemed fine. I haven't mastered that website yet though.

Menu: 2 eggs (scrambled, fried or boiled), 2 pieces breakfast sausage, coffee, 2 TB creamer and sweet n low; lunch protein of some sort, cheese, and/or 1 cup veggies; dinner: 2 pieces of protein, veggies and 2 TB of ranch dip or dressing; snacks: nuts, SF jello, pork rinds, and/or cheese.

Supplements include: flax oil, calcium, multivitamin, L-carnitine, potassium, vitamin C, and evening primrose.

I fit 2-4 TB of Cocunut Oil in daily.

Exercise includes: walking briskly (1 1/2 mile) 5 days a week;

Just added 5 miles on exercise bike (3 days a week), swimming (10 minutes) and lifting 5 lb. weights.

jemman
Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:57
maybe u could go back to induction for a few days and see if that breaks your stall? like cut out the nuts, jello, pork rinds, sweet&low etc for a bit and eat more veggies instead for a bit and see if that helps?

Micker84
Tue, Jun-08-04, 10:42
I'm at a loss right now - but it's worth a try. Thx.

sunspine17
Tue, Jun-08-04, 11:29
Don't ask me! I've lost the bulk of my weight from late Jun 03 to Oct 03. I've lost no more than 10 lbs or so since Oct 03. But my body has been getting leaner, changin shape and getting smaller since then, it just dosen't show much on the scale. I'm also at the wieght now I've been at forever during my pre-kids adult years so that's a hurdle to get past too (but I'm 2 sizes smaller than I was back then!)