PDA

View Full Version : Young and New to LC lifestyle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

aikijj
Mon, Jun-07-04, 22:30
Hey everyone, I'm a 19 year old college student that's somewhat new to the whole Atkins thing and I've decided to hop back on the bandwagon. I've been on it before (lost 15 lbs in three weeks) but I fell off and gained all my weight back now. Maybe the fact that I didn't have someone to go on the diet with was the reason why i gained it back ( or mostly for the candy bars and sodas and pizza, lol ), but with everyone's help I think I'll have all the support I need. Wish me luck :D !

nets33
Tue, Jun-08-04, 07:51
Welcom aikijj!

Good luck with Atkins! I don't think I could have done Atkins while in college.. all that dorm food,pizza and BEER!

You'll find lots of others here who can help. Good luck!
Kiks

skpaddie
Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:06
Hi :wave: I'm a college student too so I know how you feel. Its so hard to order the chicken wings when everyone else it ordering pizza. Hang in there and if you've any questions feel free to ask.

Tesora
Wed, Jun-09-04, 18:03
Hey, I'm a 20 y/o college student as well and since freshman year, I have gained 30 pounds from drinking, late night pizzas, and vending machine food eaten during class out of sheer boredom! I have tried numerous diets before that left me hungry and deprived but low-carb makes me feel satisfied and full. And im still losing weight. I'm here for support...we all need it!

NewAudrey
Wed, Jun-09-04, 18:12
I started my first year last year and when your not home with mom cooking proper meals it is so difficult to avoid pizza every night!
Good Luck With everything!
xoxoxo
Audrey

Cara73
Wed, Jun-09-04, 18:16
Good luck to you. You've definitely come to the right place for support. These people here are amazing and very supportive. This forum is full of information, too.

Wishing you the best :)