PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, but an old hand at LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

VickySail
Mon, Jun-07-04, 16:27
Hi all,

This forum seems to be the nicest on the 'net, and just wanted to introduce myself.

Used the Atkins WOE back in '98, when it would (of course) kill you to eat this way. Lost weight instead. :)

Did a DUM thing, and stopped. Put it all back on, and another 50 to boot! Owee!

Decided it was time to come home, have been back since Jan of '04. Not stoppin' for another 50-55 lbs!

Hope I can help where I can, and learn where I can.

Vicky

LilaCotton
Mon, Jun-07-04, 18:03
Hiya! The best way to think about Atkins is to consider it a way of life, because as with any weight loss plan as sure as you leave it, those pounds just come running back--and usually bring a few friends! :D

All the best to you!

VickySail
Mon, Jun-07-04, 18:13
Lila,

You betcha it's a way of life. I plan on moving over to SBD once I hit goal. I like the idea of fruit, whole wheat, etc. Just as long as Mr. Pound stays off MY body!

Vicky

Cara73
Mon, Jun-07-04, 19:55
Welcome Vicky,

Looks like you're off to a great start with your loss. This forum is great, very supportive, informative with GREAT recipes ;) .

Best of luck to you.

LilaCotton
Mon, Jun-07-04, 20:15
I plan on moving over to SBD once I hit goal. I like the idea of fruit, whole wheat, etc. Just as long as Mr. Pound stays off MY body!

I think you'll find that the South Beach Diet is nearly the same as the maintenance phase of Atkins. :) If you haven't had a chance to read 'Atkins for Life' pick it up at your library and take a gander through it. I was really impressed when I read it. :)

Rachelle
Mon, Jun-07-04, 22:28
Vicky :wave:

Welcome back girl.. and i hope to read all about your success soon :D

You've come to the right spot for it..

VickySail
Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:08
Thanks for all the hellos and welcomes!

Gee, I thought Atkins Maintenance was a lot like SBD, but haven't picked up the book to make sure. I will, though. :read2:

I have been over on the OOO thread, and boy, do my eyes hurt! 87 pages and counting! :tears: What a nifty product. I'm heading out to pick some up and give it a try!

Gotta add a sig, too. Soon, soon!

Vicky