PDA

View Full Version : Diet Rite

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

StephenS
Sun, Jun-06-04, 18:49
Whats the limit on how much Diet Rite u can drink a day, is thier any? I still do drink my 8-10 glasses of water a day, im just curious if someone should limit their consumption of Diet Rite

anavette
Sun, Jun-06-04, 19:21
I drink diet dr pepper and I usually drink 1 - 2 a day. I do also drink my 100oz of water a day as well. There are some who will tell you to cut it out completely but I think it really should be whatever works for you. Some people say that caffeine, aspartame and things like that will cause a stall...while others say it has no affect. I just suggest you monitor it and see.

Hope that helps.

Have a Nice Evening,
Anavette

tcastro
Sun, Jun-06-04, 19:32
I drink Diet Rite, because it uses splenda, not aspartame.

Everyone is different, but I found I could drink almost an unlimited amount and it wouldn't stall me.

Make sure you still get your 8-10 glasses of water. The biggest problem with diet sodas is people drink them instead of water.

StephenS
Sun, Jun-06-04, 20:44
thanks Castro!

LilaCotton
Sun, Jun-06-04, 22:45
I drink about a can of Diet Rite a day, but I've found since following Atkins that's about all the sweet drink I can handle. ;)

As advised, just make sure you're getting all of your water--maybe have a little soda at lunch time or snack time for a break. If you drink a lot of water you're probably not even going to want as much soda.