PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

arianna_t
Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:03
Hi!

My name is Arianna. I'm from Mexico.

I've been doing atkins since April, and so far I've lost 25 pounds and feel great...

But this is only the beginning as I still have another 100 pounds to lose!

The good news is that I no longer feel ovewhelmed by all the weight I have to lose :p

when I was a little girl, I wasn't fat. I wasn't bony either. I was just right. I started gainning weight in my preteen years. That made me VERY voluptuous. When I was 15 everybody commented on what a nice body I had. You know kind of like the 50's models. I wasn't fat, just VERY curvy, yet my waist was still smaller than most skiny girls. I just had big hips, a nice behind and decent boobs.

And yep, I felt so sexy... until I looked at my skinny classmates. Then I started feeling fat. That truly ruined my self image.

I began starving myself, and I lost some weight, then I was feeling so deprived that I would empty the whole fridge in one evening.

Very soon I regained all the weight and SO MUCH MORE.
then I felt hopeless
and began eating and eating and eating... until april this year, in which I got on scale and saw that I was 264 pounds...

I realized that something HAD to be done inmediately because a 5'8" woman shouldn't carry all that weight on her poor bones.

So far I have lost 25 pounds, and I am so glad I found this community to go with me in this long journey.

Have a nice day!

Arianna

Kristine
Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:09
Hello from Canada!

What I like about low carbing is that you don't have to starve. You eat real food, and your nutritional needs are met.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck! :)

arianna_t
Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:33
Hi!

:D I can tell I'm going to find in this place all the support I'll ever need.

Arianna

RamonaK
Sun, Jun-06-04, 11:05
Hi everyone.. I have not been participating in the forum for a long time. I am recommitting to doing so and doing low carb to the T. I was doing well and then all of a sudden I've been adding carbs back in.. and viola -- weight gain. I've updated my journal and would love your support. :rheart: