PDA

View Full Version : new to all of this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

n2lc
Sun, Jun-06-04, 07:05
Hello :) ,

today is the day i have decide to change my life. i have had a look at amazon and there are loads of low carb diets, how do you choose one out of the masses???

There seams to be loads of friendly help and advice on this fourum and i know i will succeed.

I have just turned 25 and i will not be this heavey by my next birthday. family have said i must feel ashamed to be heavey and i dont like my life, but to be truthful being big dosent really bother me. The reason I have decided enough is enough is because I design period clothes and all the pattens that i can get my hands on are for smaller women and i relise that if i want to were these things and look fab then i have to shift the weight and also my joints are now aching.

so here i am and all i have to do now is find a plan that suits me, and that looks like it will be a hard task.

thanks
Krys

Kristine
Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:16
Hello!

Your family's comments sound kind of harsh. :( I'm glad you're doing this for you. You're too young for achy joints already. :rheart:

At the very top of the page, there's a green tool bar that says, "Home / Plans / Tips / etc". Click on "plans." That'll give you a quick run-down of the more popular plans here. Try to pick one that will fit into your preferences. Atkins is the most popular, and tends to produce fast results, but you have to be prepared for "boot camp" and to be pretty strict. Some people prefer something more flexible.

Bottom line: they'll all work if you do them properly. :thup:

Good luck!

LUCKYLADY
Sun, Jun-06-04, 09:23
Krys.....good luck in whatever plan you decide on.....You will love it here everyone is so nice and really helpful....Start a journal so we can keep up with your progress.

nets33
Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:11
Good luck Krys!

Kristine is totally right about Atkins. It can be really tough during induction.... Whatever plan you choose I'd make sure you read up on the plan. (buy the book or borrow from the Library)

Good luck on your journey, you've made the toughest step which is making the decision to change.
Kiks