PDA

View Full Version : Me Again.. Question about Fitday.com and what it's telling me already?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anavette
Sat, Jun-05-04, 17:14
Ok.. I signed up at fitday.com and I must say it is a really neat site. I filled in today what I have eaten so far today and it is saying that the most of my diet so far is fat and protein with Fat being the highest on the pie. The carb slice on the pie is the smallest. Doing Atkins... is that good that the biggest pie is fat or not?
Thanks to all who referred me to that site.. it is really neat to see it online visually as to what I am eating!

nitwit
Sat, Jun-05-04, 17:17
Hi Anavette!

Ok the ratios that you should be looking for is 70% fat, 20% protein and 10% carbs - I am sure that is correct ... will have to surf back in my journal to find out - but am 99% sure that is what you are aiming for on Atkins!

Lindy

anavette
Sat, Jun-05-04, 17:28
Ok and right now w/o eating dinner yet... my fat is at 70%, my protein is at 20% and my carbs are at 10%.. so it appears I am doing ok then???

Lindym
Sat, Jun-05-04, 21:53
You'll find as you read thru posts that most have better weight loss with the fat ratio being at 70% or slightly above. Atkins is not a high protein diet, so don't be afraid of fat. Fat is your friend, and tastes good too ;)

Good luck with your weight loss.

jemman
Sun, Jun-06-04, 04:42
i dont really go by percentages, but rather- grams.