PDA

View Full Version : What do you think to this ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

newteen16
Sat, Jun-05-04, 03:03
"The 8 - 10 glasses of water daily are in addition to
whatever coffee, tea and non-caloric carbonated beverages you
drink. This is an integral part of the specific internal process put
into motion by the Quick Weight Loss Diet." - This quote is about the Stillman diet which I am thinking of doing for a few days. Won't the caffine in the coffee, and diet coke etc stall you? thanks, Emma

nowonder
Sat, Jun-05-04, 08:44
I don't think any of the diets say that caffeine stalls you. Atkins says that it can cause a spike in blood sugar in some people, which may trigger cravings. Then there is the diarrhetic effect to take into account. I haven't experienced this, but I also drink my coffee black. I think the artificial sweeteners and dairy products might trigger the cravings.

I've continued to drink 4 - 6 cups of coffee a day and have had steady weight loss. I do drink 2x to 3x the amount of water that Stillman recommends, so maybe I'm just flushing out any bad...

--nw

LilaCotton
Sat, Jun-05-04, 13:24
I believe as with anything, moderation is the key. As mentioned, caffeinated beverages are diurhetics and it's very important not to be depleting your body of more liquid than you are taking in. (I wish I could get this through my hubby's head! LOL)

If you don't notice a spike in blood sugar after drinking a caffeinated beverage, then don't stress over it. A little caffeine never hurt anyone--in fact, in some cases is beneficial.