PDA

View Full Version : "NEW IN TOWN'

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suzique
Fri, Jun-04-04, 20:49
Hello, my name is Susan, I live in Alabama, and I am "New to the LowCarb town". I have been diagnosed as MORIBUND obese, have been told that Medical Science could do nothing to improve my "quality of life" ((I have many medical prob as a result of the wt I carry)).

However while lying in the hospital on May 14, I received a shocking call from a member of our Praise team at church. A lady whom I just accepted, that she did not like me. She said she felt "lead of God" to help me. And introduced me to Atkins.

And what Medical Science could not do, God and THE ATKINS diet have done, I have went from 412lbs on the 14th of May to 382lbs on the 1st of June, a loss of 30 lbs. My Hypertension has improved, I can breathe more freely and I feel great! I have stuck to the program to the letter or at least I hope that I have.

This has been a lifelong battle of 36 of my 41 years, I have two small children and a husband who need me. So I am in this for the "longhaul".

I am sure I will need your help thanks for such a place to be able to visit.
Susan

Cara73
Fri, Jun-04-04, 21:58
Welcome to the forum,

CONGRATS on your loss :clap: :clap: :clap: Hang in there, it will happen. It won't happen over night, but it will happen. I've just been here a short time, and people have been so helpful and supportive. Ask questions, read ideas, get recipes from this site...it all helps a great deal.

I wish you the best of luck!!!

MisterE
Fri, Jun-04-04, 22:08
Hi, Susan. Welcome. Here is wishing you every success. Fact is, you will find tremendous support all over these forum boards...but if you ever feel the urge, there is a special place for those of us with a little extra weight to lose called the TDC (Triple Digits Club). Love to see you stick your head in and say, Hi!

Akasha
Fri, Jun-04-04, 23:35
Hello Susan, and welcome to the forum! There are tons of friendly, helpful people here ready to answer your questions. Way to go so far, and good luck with your new WOL!

sweetiemae
Wed, Aug-11-04, 19:52
Hello Susan, I just was going thru some threads and I noticed you are from Alabama. Just stopped in to say Hello!! :) :wave: You are doing so well, keep the faith. Remember Hebrews 11 verse 1. "Now fiath is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Have faith in yourself, and your new WOE, and your medical condition will change, just wait and see. It sounds like you have a very supportive church, that is wonderful!!! Stop by in my journal if you ever get a chance!!