PDA

View Full Version : Question on Feeling Icky 4th Day Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anavette
Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:05
Good Morning,
This is my 4th day on the Atkins diet and I am still going strong. (I know that sounds wimpy.. but I am a huge junk food eater... so this is quite and accomplishment for me). Anyway this morning I woke up and made breakfest..my belly growling... and when I sat down to eat I felt like I was going to throw up... so I decided not to eat anymore .... even now I am feeling nautious. Has anyone expierienced this? Being I am such a worry wart now I am afraid something is wrong???
Any advice would be appreciated!

Have a Super Sunny Day,
Anavette :Puke:

MaryToU
Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:29
First off I would say that your sugar level has dropped to low. You have to eat something to get it back where it belongs. Going without eating anything is never a good idea. Garb some cheese or something and rest while your level gets back where it should be. This ususally take around 15 to 20 minutes for me once I have eaten something.

No need to get to worried over this, it happens from time to time. Just make sure you eat and all will be well. Once your stomach gets back to normal, eat a meal. Don't go to long without putting food in your stomach. Your body needs something to run on. Eating less wont get you there faster. :)

anavette
Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:32
How sweet of you to reply! I really appreciate it... that makes sense... your advice that is...I am so new to this that all the help I get makes a world of difference. :D
I am eating some string cheese... so hopefully that will help.

Again thank you and I am sooooo happy to have this message place for support!

meat eater
Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:44
Do this, think that carbs are the root of all evil, while thinking that over and over think about the horriblest thoughts you can think of. e.g. a mutli-national cooperation that wants to take your money from you and make you poor. when done...
Tuck into a feast of cheese tomatoe omlette, eat a couple of slices of cheese while making it should make you feel better. Think pleasant thoughts while doing this part. e.g, sunny day at the beach with a cool ocean breeze.

Also remind yourself, staying strong today means yourl be even stronger tomorrow.

anavette
Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:03
Ok.. I just made myself a omlette with ham cheese greenpepper and pepperoni.. does this sound ok? While it was cooking I ate 3 mozzerella cheese sticks. Sound like I am doing this right?

sobxlady
Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:03
Good morning, Anavette. Unfortunately, I have the same problem that you do- everyday. It takes me about 2 hours to eat my breakfast because I go through periods of nausea. This has been going the entire time I've been eating low carb. I find that if I eat very slowly, the nausea subsides. Try it, it will help, I'm sure.

Deanna

anavette
Fri, Jun-04-04, 09:10
Deanna... thanks for responding.. I know I must sound like a broken record but I can't say enough times how nice it is to have others to talk to. My husband is being very supportive but he is so skinny he can't trully understand because he doesn't need to diet.
By the way... if anyone here uses Yahoo Messenger.. I am nannavett on there and like chatting.. if I am not tending to my 7 month old.. LOL if I don't answer I will as soon as I can!

DarthRaidr
Fri, Jun-04-04, 14:37
When I don't eat enough and my stomache get to the growling point ,I also feel very nauseous, w/o actually tossing my low carb cookies.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/wuerg/vomit-smiley-026.gif