PDA

View Full Version : Diet Soda

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

twistermom
Fri, Jun-04-04, 07:19
How bad is diet soda on induction?

meat eater
Fri, Jun-04-04, 07:30
I have only taken the basic princables for the atkins diet, im just cutting out on carbs everywhere I find em.
Its said not to have any with particular sweetners, and no caffine.

Personally I took up drinking of coffee over the last few week of low carbs, and I also drink about 1.5 litre bottle of diet coke or Pepsi Max everyday.

In the first week I lost 8 pounds. Second week I had a few more carbs lost no weight but I got more lean muscle and excess fat melted away.

Im still drinking diet soft drink, have been for last 3 years.

twistermom
Fri, Jun-04-04, 07:36
I think I would die without atleast 1 diet coke a day.

scrapgirl
Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:03
I think technically it is not good. However, there are worse things! I dont think it will be a major stumbling block. Have you tried Diet Rite...no carbs, caffiene, and made with Splenda!

They have cola flav, but I LOVE the White Grape!

twistermom
Fri, Jun-04-04, 08:07
I haven't tried that yet. Where did you buy get Diet Rite?

Rindy_Rue
Fri, Jun-04-04, 14:30
I get Diet Rite at Kroger. They have the diet tangerine, diet white grape, diet cola, and it seems like there may be a few others...strawberry I think.

fistula
Sun, Jun-06-04, 07:22
I stayed away from it simple because sweetness makes you want sweet things and i wanted to forget how much i enjoy sweet drinks.

i think if had just substituted sugar instead of getting rid of that kind of "taste" atkins would be a lot more difficult to adhere too than after a clean induction

ellie2
Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:06
I would read the lables and i'll tell you why- i'm addicted to those diet water drinks you can get which are usually carb free and i just read a lable of one i was drinking and it had 48 grams of carbs!!! I'm so upset right now! I just finished my second one! I guess i just learnt a valuable lesson.

PilotGal
Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:50
You're brand new to this WOL. If you can skip the soda's for awhile, and enjoy the weight loss, stay away from the soda's...

Then after a couple of weeks, try the Diet Rite Rootbeer and heavy cream.... Talk about heaven? It's a rootbeer float.... and totally legal!!!

jagbender
Tue, Jun-08-04, 08:52
It is usually the citric acid that interferes with ketosis on some people.

jag

twistermom
Tue, Jun-08-04, 09:13
To be honest....I think that is what was making my stomach hurt. I have stayed away from it (for the most part) for two days now. My stomach is feeling great!

meat eater
Wed, Jun-09-04, 05:44
I can't believe, after my sugar binge for one day on Friday, I went back to beef, chicken, bacon, chesse, eggs, lettuce, tomatoe cucmber, mayo, butter, olive oil, some whey protein, very small amount of milk in coffee.
I dropped 3 pounds in just 3 days after the binge. Without a doubt I was drinking atleast 1.5L of diet cola per day, these brands: Diet coke, Pepsi Max and a unknown brand with splender.
Maybe a one day sugar only binge deactives ketosis then followed by more immediate induction maybe this jump starts your body into power ketosis mode.
Im seeing mucles I never knew I had, I feel better than normal, im stronger, healtier. My body is toning up without lossing muscle, actually gaining muscle and the unnessary fat is melting away.
Im absolute certain that its ok to drink diet drinks, but maybe some peoples it might not be ok?

btw. Im eating like a pig, im eating more than I did before, the great thing about it is ALL real food!, not garbage I use to get servered at Mc Donalds, etc.

DWRolfe
Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:17
The sugar substitutes in diet soda effect people differently. DIet Rite soda is a good choice. You should be able to find it any grocery store in your area.

JanJ
Wed, Jun-09-04, 12:50
Quote: I think I would die without atleast 1 diet coke a day.

Twistermom I know what you mean. I haven't been able to give up the diet rites yet. I've been having about two a day. The raspberry is great. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks though that they are tasting too sweet, and I can barely drink a whole can.