PDA

View Full Version : OK Here is who I am...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

giggles
Tue, Sep-04-01, 14:39
I have been on here for a few weeks and I have asked some questions on the daily low carber forum. I decided it was time to introduce myself, and I am gonna lay it all out for ya.

I am 31 years old. Been struggling with weight for the last 7 years or so. I was always built kinda "normal" I wore size 5 and 7 in high school and college. Then I gained about 50 pounds in less than 6 mos. with NO change in my eating habits! I got super depressed. I saw many Dr.s and a couple YEARS later thay tested my thyroid and found that I was hypothyroid. They put me on Synthroid and I lost about 30 lbs in about 3 months, but my whole world felt like it was speeded up and sad - the Synthroid made me unable to sleep more than a few hours at a time, I was really moody and depressed, and I felt like I was on some type of speed. Now, a few years later, I am a lil more adapted to the Synthroid, although my doses change regularly. I still have insomnia really bad, but I am much less emotional. The weight thing - well, after the loss of 30 I gained about 20 back. And here I am. I probably weigh more than my scale, I think it is on the light side, but the figures I show are from my daily scale. I was 165 about 3 weeks ago when I started low carbing. I lost 7 pounds since then, and it has been a tough road. I am gettin better, but I wish to see more dramatic change (I guess we all do, huh?) The week I started this all I found out the guy I have been seeing for the past 13 years (time off here and there) has been lying to me and sleeping with (get this) one of my mothers 50 year old friends! Talk about stressing me out. I confronted him, and he lashed out at me and we have not spoken in 2 weeks. Kind of hard to handle. We have been best friends and lovers for so long. And I am trying this new way of eating and feeling a bit discouraged. So, that is who I am and what is going on with me. I sure look forward to the support I have been recieving on these forums, and hopefully I will see some more results soon.

Giggles (not finding too much to laugh at these days):(

Simone2S
Tue, Sep-04-01, 14:54
Welcome Giggles.

It feels good to write down your feelings, doesn't it? I LOVE IT MYSELF.

Well, I would suggest putting your energy into this WOE and remember go with your instincts. (What you should or should not do about the lover)

Good Luck and Much success!!

giggles
Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:09
Thanks. Hey, I have a question...What do the eggs mean? By our names?

fern2340
Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:21
Giggles-
What a horrible situation to be in! I am terribly sorry but I am sure things will work out for the best. I just wanted to welcome a fellow PA member to the board and wish you all the best with your situation and low-carbing.

Linda

giggles
Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:26
Thanks Linda. It sure has been a hard thing to deal with. I haven't really told anyone around here - a few of my girl friends - but none of our mutual friends or family. His gram calls me about every other day, and she doesn't know any of this. It is so weird. I just don't feel like discussing it with others who know him, then they will all get involved and that is the last thing we need. So it felt good to say (type it) and know that my secret is safe so to speak. I keep trying to grin n bear it. I just am even more committed to lose the weight and make him eat his heart out!

giggles

Simone2S
Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:27
Tamarian just helped me with the same question yesterday.

If you click on the eggs it shows you the system of keeping track of how many times you posted a message.

I believe this is new to the forum

giggles
Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:32
oh, I see! very interesting. I did not think it was there when I signed on a few weeks ago, and I did not know whether it was good or bad (the eggs) LOL. Thanks.

tamarian
Tue, Sep-04-01, 15:44
Originally posted by giggles
oh, I see! very interesting. I did not think it was there when I signed on a few weeks ago, and I did not know whether it was good or bad (the eggs) LOL. Thanks.

LOL, we only had them this last few days, check the "Comments Box" forum for all the details and ongoing face-lift.

Wa'il

Fangers
Tue, Sep-04-01, 17:01
Hi Giggles,

Have you talked to your Dr. abuout switching to a glandular thyroid med? I have a friend who spent years on Synthroid to no avail. After she switched, she said it was like a veil lifted over her life.

I'm not an M.D., just passing on an antecdote..

Jeannie

debbiedobson
Wed, Sep-05-01, 07:56
welcome aboard giggles!:D i'm sorry for your troubles! you're sure going through a rough time right now! i'm glad you're here with us! you'll find great support here! we're all here for each other!

giggles
Wed, Sep-05-01, 15:33
I will ask about a Synthroid alternative. Thanks for the input.

Really thank so much for all of the support I have been getting on this site ... it is one of the things I look forward to each day.

I lost another pound! Yeah!:D

ellbeegee
Thu, Sep-06-01, 13:26
Hi Giggles:

I'm from PA too.

You might want to check out the section that deals with "health issues". There is a section on thyroid issues with some good info there. I am hypothyroid too and that does make it a little harder to lose weight. But if you stick with it, the weight will come off. I speak from experience!! Good luck.

Sorry about the situation.

LBG

Diana38
Thu, Sep-06-01, 21:58
Hi! I am new to the site and was looking over things when I came across your message. Hang in there, girl. Men will drive you crazy if you let them. We all know this, yet we let them do it anyway. Stay focused on you and what you need. Lose the weight for you, and if it makes you drool - well thats just icing on the cake! Good luck! Diana

Diana38
Thu, Sep-06-01, 22:01
I didn't mean to say for you to drool, I meant to say your ex. ha. Thats what happens when you have 3 teenagers, you never get to complete a thought.

giggles
Fri, Sep-07-01, 12:04
Wait until you all hear this! OK! I lost another pound (YEAH :D ) and I went out with my neighbor last night and I ran into this guy I went to high school with - who looks much cuter than he did then - and we flirted and stuff, and he gave me his number - actually home, work and cell - and we are meeting up tonight! I am so friggin excited I can't believe it! My girlfriend and I are going out to buy a cute outfit for me to wear - but not too cute - I sure don't want to look like I am trying to hard! Well, I am off to the store - wish me luck tonight - Perhaps better days to come? Dare I think so positiely? LOL!

giggles

deegarzain
Fri, Sep-07-01, 13:28
Giggles, Just remember that women are the stronger species. We bounce back better than before. You can do better, just chalk your former friend up as just that, and move forward in life. I wait for no man, least of all my husband. There is so much in life just waiting for us if we let it come. When we hang on to something, it will drag us down, so let go and live for the future. The past is just that and you have a great future, after all you are a woman! Oh, and BTW, I was wondering about those "eggs" also. Dee, the Leavenworth, Indiana (not Kansas - too flat!) Wire Artist Jeweler

giggles
Mon, Sep-10-01, 12:40
Thanks for the encouragement. The date was a big dud. He was involved with someone else and lied about it. MEN!

Well, it is okay. There is a good guy out there for me, and he is wondering where in the heck I am right now. Sure wish someone would give me a map to find him!

The weight stuff. Well, no more loss, but I am feeling pretty good. hopefully more weight to come off soon?

giggles

fern2340
Mon, Sep-10-01, 13:56
Giggles-
Sorry about your date... but you are right, your man is out there somewhere! I truly believe in fate and you'll meet your man someday. You never know when and where but in my experiences, it happens when you LEAST expect it and when you are not looking!
:) keep smiling!!!

:roll:

giggles
Mon, Sep-10-01, 14:07
I am trying. It has not been easy - especially with the ending of a very long relationship. I am feeling pretty lonely and unattractive. Ack! I hate feeling bad about myself. I just want to see some results of this program and I think I will regain a little confidence.