PDA

View Full Version : Mostly for those on maintenance...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GoddessMom
Thu, Jun-03-04, 19:13
I was curious about something I've read in several posts....
I've seen it written a lot that when you get close to your goal weight you tend to lose slower....was wondering how true that was for most? I'm within 6 pounds of my goal and I'm still losing .5 pounds a day on average. Does that mean I should be shooting for a lower maintenance weight?

Also, how many of you went below your goal weight, intentionally or purposely?

I'm sorry, I know that's a lot to answer but I appreciate the time anyone takes to answer. My five youngest are in bed and my hubby and oldest are playing Nintendo...I finally have a minute to myself!!!

Tawny

dazzlin182
Tue, Jun-08-04, 03:57
im not on atkins but imo i wouldnt go on a maintenance no matter what if i havent reach my specific goal weight, i could be very strict on that but again its just an opinion

in this case you lose faster so it seems that you're reaching you goal earlier than you planned. guess its a good thing?

i think the weight you'd be on is some numbers you'd be comfortable with for e.g. i had lose down to 44kg (96lbs) altho its much lighter but i just dont feel right so i stay 103lbs (my target was around 101 - reached that too)

good luck you're so close now