PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sherlynn9
Thu, Jun-03-04, 16:21
I am definitely not new to lowcarbing, especially Atkins. After a successful 9 months in 1998, decided that I really could have the occassional potato and/or ice cream cone. Well, I'm sure you know where that got me. Spent the next 5 years trying to make it a way of life but kept sabatoging myslef. Took the diagnosis of diabetes (and my acknowledgement of what that 154 fasting blood sugar really meant for non-fasting times) to be able to get back on track (amazing how much easier it is when blood sugar and not weight gain is the issue). Since May of 2003, I've lost 30 lbs and am slowly getting my blood sugar under control. Have a ways to go but it is encouraging to continue seeing the downward trend.

I see a few familiar faces (waving to Carolyn F. and IceMan) from other sites I frequent.

Sheryl

nets33
Thu, Jun-03-04, 18:00
Congrats on you success so far :clap: - 30 pounds is awesome!

There are others who have diabetes who should be able to help you on your Atkins program.

Good luck,
Kiks