PDA

View Full Version : Hi Carbless and New Here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anavette
Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:40
Hi Everyone,
I started a no carb diet yesterday on my own. What I mean by that is I am not following I guess Atkins or whatever.. I am just not eating carbs on my own and making sure to drink 100oz of water per day at least.
If anyone has any hints or tips they would be appreciated!
I am the mother of 3 boys... 12 4 and 7 months. I am married to a good man too!
When I got pregnant with my first son I was 120 lbs and now 3 kids later I am 230. I am desperate to lose the weight. My husband says whatever makes me happy. He says that if I don't want to diet then I don't have too!
I just am tired of not being able to fit into the cute clothes.

Well I look forward to meeting new people and making friends!

Talk to All Soon,
Anavette

LilaCotton
Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:52
Hiya! Welcome to the forum! :)

If anyone has any hints or tips they would be appreciated!

Yes! Read up on the various low-carb plans and find one to stick with. While you can get a lot of vitamins and fiber with a low-carb plan, no no-carb plan is healthy--you need veggies! :)

sevenclark
Wed, Jun-02-04, 22:34
Hi, Anavette, and welcome to the forums. I really hope you'll take our advice and eat *some* carbs. It truly isn't safe and you won't lose any more pounds by eating "no carb" than by eating "lo carb".
A great resource is the atkins official website. They give tons of information and it will explain how this all works with your body.
Glad you're here!
Julie

DaddioM
Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:18
Hi Annavette,

Please DO borrow and read the book. It's very important to make sure you're getting enough vitamins and it's usually important to success to be following a plan. If you do lose weight just winging it, more power to you. If not, read the book...it's an easy read and you'll thank me later.

bcbeauty
Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:21
Hi and welcome to the forums. Good luck to you.:wave:

twistermom
Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:01
Sounds like the same story here. I have a 6 year old and having the extra pounds isn't easy with her. She is a cheerleader and very active. I also want to fit into the cute clothes. I am still young and want to look it. So have you had any weaknesses yet?

anavette
Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:03
I am doing ok although today I am having a little weakness.... I am managing though.. I am glad you mentioned that because I was thinking something was wrong with me. The thing that is bugging me the most though is diareah* (spelling)..sorry to be graphic :o Is this normal does anyone know.. or has anyone had this issue?

Cara73
Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:07
Welcome Anavette. As for your "problem", for me it's been somewhat common. It's like your body is cleaning itself out. And if you're eating any of the low carb chocolate with sugar alcohol, try stopping that. That will do it in a heartbeat!! It's bad stuff.

Anyway, just hang in there. Your body will adjust and level out. Good luck to ya!!!

anavette
Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:14
Thanks Cara for the tips... I haven't been eating any specialty foods yet... just sticking to the regular no carb or 1-2 carbs stuff. My hub said "my problem" was normal too but I am somewhat of a worry wart!
I am glad to have people to talk to! :)

Cara73
Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:45
Hmmmm...worry wart...same here :daze: But I think you're fine. I don't think you have anything to worry about. And yes, it's great to have people to talk to that have the same goal. It sure makes it much nicer.

Good luck to you!!!!

4beans4me
Thu, Jun-03-04, 14:52
Hello and welcome Anavette! :wave: