PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tennessee, newbie alert

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vesuvius
Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:05
Hi,
Wanted to introduce myself, I'm going by "Vesuvius." I have no clue why, it's just an name that's never taken and plus, the history of Pompeii is like a magnet to me. Anyway, I'm a thirty something female that's back on Atkins again, I've got over 100 pounds to lose. Lost 20 since January, once I reconciled myself to the fact that if I don't stay under 20 carbs I don't lose weight. All the new "low carb" products didn't turn out to be as great as I once dreamed they would be!

I hope to find a place in this forum, perhaps meet some new friends and learn some in the process.

4beans4me
Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:32
Hello and welcome vesuvius!! :wave:

sevenclark
Wed, Jun-02-04, 22:37
Welcome to the forum! I know a lot of people have found that the lo carb products (aka "frankenfoods") are not good and will make them stall in their weightloss and even gain.
Hang in there and check out the different forum here; there's a ton of information.
Julie

LilaCotton
Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:12
Hi! Oh yeah--some of those LC products are just not right. They're probably great for maintenance, but should be really discouraged through OWL.

Great job on the 20 lost! With dedication you'll make your goal. :)

bcbeauty
Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:22
Hi! :) Good luck and welcome to the forums.:wave:

Chas
Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:40
Hiya....and Welcome. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss!!