PDA

View Full Version : Hello Guys Day 17

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pamela26
Wed, Jun-02-04, 16:28
Hello Guys, I'm on day 17 and lost a total of 12 lbs so far, my downfall is (I need to throw the battery to my scale in the woods in back of my house). I'm constantly on and off the scale, help!!!!!!!

suzanneM
Wed, Jun-02-04, 18:06
hey, that's great!!!

If you can't regulate yourself to weighing in only one day a week, and you are really on & off each day, toss that sucker out. You'll know soon enough when you have to buy smaller clothes. :D

I weigh every morning (I'm so bad! :D ) but I know that fluctuations happen every day and it means nothing.

DaddioM
Wed, Jun-02-04, 23:25
Hi Pamela,

I weigh every day too...it's not a problem if:
1) if the weight DOESN"T go down, you don't get depressed and tempted to go off the diet
2) You're not SO obessed that's ALL you do (early on I liked to weigh myself a LOT because I was seeing so much progress...hehe...)

If it's bothering you, have a family member hide the scale from you.

GREAT job on your loss...I don't think scale watching becomes an issue until unless it starts to bother you if it's not moving all the time...or for days at a time (because you WILL go through that).

change your stats!!...show that progress...!!

Hellistile
Thu, Jun-03-04, 09:47
Welcome Pamela:
Things to check or do daily:
1. Jump on the scales in the morning.
2. Mark your weight on a calendar.
3. Make a mental note to yourself that you are building lean muscle (to be done after noting weight on scale)
3. Get a tape measure and measure yourself.
4. Take the time to see how your clothes feel and look
5. Stop for a moment, breathe in and process how you feel.

Good luck!

pamela26
Thu, Jun-03-04, 15:43
Thank you guys for all the advice, I guess I am normal....whewwwwwww lol. I will make a chart now and mark down my progress and thank you for telling me to change my stats, I'm a newbie, I've been a member since Jan, but only last on the Adkins for a few days and gave up, but now I'm going to hang in there. And I'm glad we have such a wonderful site and I love the advice and recipes. I'm going to try to do the introduction for 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

Love and Peace!!!!!