PDA

View Full Version : New to low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GregB
Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:04
Hi all. I am a 64 year old male that is new to the low carb world.My wife and I are both trying to loose weight before a cruise in late August. Any help welcome

shastagirl
Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:09
Hello and welcome to the forum! You will find a lot of very helpful information here.

Let us know how we can help you succeed.

skpaddie
Wed, Jun-02-04, 08:09
:wave: Welcome Greg. You've come to the right place, I'm sure you'll do great. God luck with the lCing and if you need help with anything just ask.

black57
Wed, Jun-02-04, 09:11
Hi Greg, When did you begin your journey? I have been doing this for over 1 1/2 years. It has geen a blessing for me, even if I had not lost any weight. I wanna encourage you to treat this as a life change, not a diet. You will lose the weight. Avoid the Atkins meal replacement bars some have experienced stalls on them. Instead, have a healthy low carb meal or a snack of real food. Greg, men tend to lose a little faster than women so give your dear wife extra encouragement, if this should happen to you.

Good Luck to you and yours,
Black57

4beans4me
Wed, Jun-02-04, 09:24
Hello and welcome Greg! :wave: