PDA

View Full Version : I did it..I did it! One year smoke free!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

josiekat
Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:39
Last year, the evening of May 31st, I had my last cigarette. Today I am celebrating one year as a non-smoker. I can't believe it that I have made it this far! I have lots of people to thank.....my family for putting up with me the first month when I was so unbearably miserable and moody....my still smoking friends who never put any pressure on me to have "just one puff" and went out of their way to not smoke in front of me...and my friends here who kept telling me it would get better and kept patting me on the back and cheering me on....and dear Mischa for directing me a website that made my heart break and realize what I had to do as I sat himming and hawing about whether or not it was the right time for me to quit.

I suffered mood swings, weight gain, and a metabolism that slowed so much that it could be outrun by a turtle....but in the end it has all been worth it. I never truly believed that I could quit and am now proud to say that I am a non-smoker.

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words along the way!

Demi
Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:51
Hey Josie - lots of congrats to you on your one year anniversary :cheer:

It's hard, but you did it :yay: WTG!

josiekat
Tue, Jun-01-04, 06:53
Thanks Demi! You are one of the many who inspired me to continue! Watching your progress sure helped me along the way!

Thanks hon ~ have a great day!

Kharma
Tue, Jun-01-04, 15:00
woohooo Josie! What an inspiration you are. You deserve a bouquet of flowers, and now you can actually smell them LOL

(still getting used to being able to SMELL things) :)

BlitzedAng
Tue, Jun-01-04, 17:17
WOW Josie.. That is so wonderful. Any tips you can give a newbie quitter ? Im on day 10 :)

Have a great day..

Angel

MisterE
Tue, Jun-01-04, 17:57
Congratulations, Josie! THAT is a true accomplishment!

josiekat
Wed, Jun-02-04, 17:15
now you can actually smell them LOL

Now isn't that the truth! Never realized what I was missing and always thought it was a load of hogwash when people said that things smelled better and food tasted better.....hmmmm, they were right.....who knew? :lol:

Thanks for the kind words E! You's the sweetest!

Angel doll.....you are at 10 days.....you are doing incredible! The first two weeks were the hardest for me.....I was a miserable, nasty girl. :lol: I wish I had some words of wisdom to share....all I can say is that if you have made it this far....it will get easier....I promise it does! I'll be cheering you on as will everyone here!

BlitzedAng
Sat, Jul-10-04, 17:22
Thank you from my heart Josie. The support you give means more than I can say..

Angel

ani_d
Sun, Jul-11-04, 19:36
Congratulations!!!
One year, awesome!

josiekat
Wed, Jul-14-04, 06:34
Angel hon....you are an absolute doll.....hugs.

ani_d - thanks....I see that you have set your quit date.....we are all here to support you and cheer you on....you can do this! :cheer: