PDA

View Full Version : Completely New To Low-Carb Eating

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladyisis
Mon, May-31-04, 13:00
Hello,

I had made a decision to follow the "Carbohydrate Addicts" diet. I have been on this diet for 4 days and have lost 4 pounds. I think it might be just the water so far that I have lost.

But, I think I found my diet, because it works well for me and I am not deprived on the food groups, and it does offer me reward after the meals,
which finalizes everything and I don't feel empty or starving.

I tried all the low-fat, weight watchers, you name it. Did not work for me. Don't get me wrong it worked for a while -- then I got real hungry. I believe some of these diets don't give you enough to sustain you.

But I just love the low-carb and I am doing well. I hope to learn a lot from all the members about low-carb and possibly some hints and tricks that I don't know about, that could make my diet a success.

Susan

jadefox26
Mon, May-31-04, 13:05
Hello!!! You might try going to www.fitday.com and signing up for free - this is a brilliant program that enables you to fill in every morsel of food or drink and then it totals it aall up automatically - all the carbs/fat/cals etc - it's brillaint and great for seeing exactly what you're consuming.
Also, Oil of Oregano is great at ridding you of excess water - works for some really well and not for others, but I have seen a steady loss every week since taking it - my friend swears by it, she lost 10lb in the first week of going on it!
Good luck and welcome to the board - make sure you pop in my journal sometime and say hello!

Oh and another thought - make sure you measure yourself, the weeks I don't lose weight, I lose inches! I have lost a total of 24lb and 15 inches in just 3 months!

ladyisis
Mon, May-31-04, 13:55
Thank you for the great tips for fitday. I shall take a look as soon as I finish posting.

I did not even know I should measure myself, I will also take care of this.

Where can I find "Oil of Oregano" and how is it used?

Susan

ladyisis
Mon, May-31-04, 13:58
I visited and started entering the foods I eat. What a surprise of all the carbs that are listed for each foods.

I will also start a journal and will completely look through the site.

I love that everything is at the same site.

Susan