PDA

View Full Version : Yola!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

emilia
Mon, May-31-04, 00:56
Just found this site, really excited to be part of it!

I've been doing Atkins since May 2003, but this last month has been real trying. I started having cravings for stuff like pasta, potatoes -- you know the stuff! I tried switching to a GI-based diet (New Glucose Revolution) and HOLY CRAP if I didn't gain about six pounds in three or four days! Of course, I realized the err of my ways, and I'm back on Atkins -- permanently! And I DID return that other book!

Before doing Atkins, I lost 25 lbs doing Weight Watchers. But the more I lost, the hungrier I was because I had less points to work with, and the more I obsessed about eating. I thought about eating day and night. I had a friend who had a friend who had lost a phenomenal amount of weight on Atkins, and was never, ever hungry. I said to myself, "That's the diet for me!!" I got the book the very same day, read all the key parts that night, and started the next day. After the initial 3-day crankies from coming off of all the sugar and starch, something amazing happened. I stopped obsessing about food and got my mind back!

Prior to Atkins, I had a lot of (ahem) embarrasing gas that kept me from going out a lot. I figured it was just all the broccoli (oh, my poor husband) ... but now I realize that it was actually grain based products that were gassin' me out. I eat broccoli and cauliflower with no problem now. I used to be sluggish, always wanting/needing naps or down time, but now my energy level is at an all time high.

Anyways, I've rambled on long enough. My name is Emilia, and I'm on Atkins for Life!

Emilia

Sprissy
Mon, May-31-04, 04:39
Hello Emilia, Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. I think we all go through phases where things get real trying. I started having problems at home a couple of months ago and it really messed me up with my LC. I couldn't seem to control what I ate and was hungry all the time. I am still fighting it, but I am getting back on tract. This forum can be a lifesaver when you need support and encouragement. Good Luck, hope to see you around more.