PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Where have you guys been all along?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wildcard
Sun, May-30-04, 04:37
I have been trying to find a good dieting board for a while but felt all were lacking. Why couldn't I find you guys.

I found you doing a search for "chicken leg quarters"

I am very happy I found this place and hope to learn and contribute to this full-featured community.

tofi
Sun, May-30-04, 07:11
We've just been sitting here since 2001. Thousands of us. Your search terms must have missed us, as we turn up in most searches for "low carb" AND forum.

Welcome to our little playground. Hope your success continues. What is your OLU plan?

danakins
Sun, May-30-04, 08:11
Hi and welcome to the forum! Glad you found us!

corona806
Sun, May-30-04, 19:27
Hello Wildcard WE been here waiting for you all this time.Glad you could join us.

LcMamaInFL
Sun, May-30-04, 19:38
Um...what is an OLU plan?

Welcome aboard, btw :)

Cheers,

Cynthia :roll:

Vanity3
Sun, May-30-04, 20:13
That's exactly how I felt when I found this site. Boy I could have used it those 3 years I was low carbing all alone :cry: But We're here now and that's what's really important.

Wildcard
Mon, May-31-04, 01:41
Hehe, the OLU plan is a plan that I am currently working on developing. If anyone one has read my journal( which I doubt, as there are just too many journals to keep up with)

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187888

you will notice that I lost 29 lbs in 9 weeks. 24 lbs in 8 weeks on a low calorie, low meal count diet, and 5 lbs in the past three days on a low-carb diet.

OLU means God in another language. My weight loss started as a faith based fast where one breaks the fast every evening at 6:00pm. Even though my metabolism *must* have slowed down, my shrunken stomach just could not handle the amount of food it was used to, so the weight started dropping. Needless to say, I continued this "fast" , just without the religious aspect.

Anyhow, I am doing an experiment to alternate low-carb with super-high carb(85+% of daily intake). I feel like crap on this low-carb diet but I must admit the weight is tumbling off (hey, no pain, no ungain).

After this seven-day period, I'll go into a carb-loading phase where I'll eat nothing but bagels, baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, pastas etc, but only 2000 calories/day, and see the results.

My hypothesis is that weight loss will continue on this alternating scheme, but I am still testing. Time will tell.

Thanks for reading. I am glad to be here. There is a TON of info, and I really like that it does not emphasise one low-carb diet over any other.

Kristine
Mon, May-31-04, 12:19
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Dude, I'm a little worried about you here. Rapid weight loss is nice, but not at the expense of your health. You said you're feeling like crap. What if you've got a deficiency? And I think I read in another one of your posts that a multi and some vit C are the only supplements you're taking... unless I have you mixed up with someone else. I multi is good, but it doesn't cover the protein, essential fatty acids, plant phytonutrients, antioxidants and other important nutrients. At the very least, I'd add a shot of Udo's supplemental oil every day. Variety isn't just the spice of life - it's necessary to "cover the bases" so to speak.

If you're going to do a carb alternation, I think you might consider some different sources of carbs. Pasta, potatoes and bagels are pretty empty calories. How 'bout going for whole grains, vegetables and fruit? You also need some protein in there... how about dairy or lean meats, if you're trying to do low fat/ high carb?

Have you considered reading one of the LC books? That can really help you nail down a good plan for yourself. :thup:

Good luck!

Wildcard
Mon, May-31-04, 14:19
Kristine,

Thanks for the reply. I am very open to suggestions.

Could you expound on what you mean by "empty calories" ?

Thanks

Kristine
Mon, May-31-04, 15:58
Yep. Calories with minimal nutrition, like junk food. Refined carbs have most of the nutrition stripped out of them. Some of it is added back in, but that's just a few vitamins, not whatever other phytonutrients may have been present in the bran. 100 calories worth of a bagel doesn't have a lot of nutrients compared to, for example, 100 calories worth of homemade vegetable soup. :idea:

dazzlin182
Tue, Jun-08-04, 05:43
I found you doing a search for "chicken leg quarters"
thats funny

anyway good luck in whatever you're doing on your weight loss (and health) journeys

Trainerdan
Mon, Jun-28-04, 18:05
How long are your carb-ups Wildcard? If they are less than 48 hours, it sounds like you stumbled onto a CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet).

eric909
Mon, Jun-28-04, 19:13
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif