PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP...Atkins Friendly Since 2000...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fullspool
Wed, May-26-04, 22:57
Hello everyone.

I just found this forum as a result of my quest to find the cure for my extreme resistance to returning to a state of Ketosis.

My Story: I was 350+lbs in 2000 and then I heard of this "caveman" diet that two friends of friends had been instructed by doctors to go on and lost all this weight. Well I did a little research, and found a GREAT book called Sugar Busters. It was well written, lots of research went into it and I figured...what the heck, I can do this.

Well I jumped right in and began by eating a little in the AM a huge salad with meat and Blue Cheese at lunch and a salad with chicken (fast food with skin removed) and Blue Cheese at dinner and went to all diet soda and low or no carb liquor (Jack & Diet).

Back then people treated me like I was nuts when I would take a burger and eat it without the bun, they looked at me like I had a third eye when asking for a hot dog without the bun...now days it is so common that everyone seems aware of low carb dieting...what a change I have seen in the past 4 years.

I immediately started losing lots and lots of weight! The results were amazing, I went from 46+ waist pants that became harder and harder to find down to 38/40 waist pants in 8 months. I dropped between 80 & 100 lbs in less than 1 year. I almost never varied my routine, I never cheated, never "went off" for the weekend, just stuck with it and kept losing constantly.

Then it happened, I was at about 265-270 lbs and feeling pretty good and I decided well I have been good for a year why not go off for Christmas Season. I ate some chocolate and other high carb food and basically just went off the diet for a day and then figured I will jump back on and be just fine. I didn't lose a single pound since that day. That was in 2001.

Currently I am hovering at 300-315lbs. and have continued to slowly gain weight no matter what I try. I have even done the super strict ultra low calorie / low carb crash version that you can read about on Atkins web site to no avail. I cannot get a Ketone strip to turn Red if my life depended on it (which it does in all actuality). So I am here seeking help.

I may have already found some in the tips section. I am seeking the advice of anyone who has found a way to break extreme metabolic resistance to ketosis. If you are here...HELP.

Thanks,
-Rich

jhansen62
Thu, May-27-04, 06:25
Hi Rich, I am new to Atkins but have spent hours and hours identifying the "rules" of the plan and keep finding things I should or should not have been doing as I reread the chapters. No caffein, No aspartame, make sure to drink your water, No products that contain sugar even it they say no carbs! Can you think of any changes in your eating habits you have made since you lost all that weight? Perhaps a product you are still consuming but that the product has changed and you didn't notice. Good Luck on your getting back to success in losing...Judy

LilaCotton
Thu, May-27-04, 23:30
I really wish I knew what to tell you, but I will start with a basic. Could you post a couple days' sample menu here? Make sure to include everything. :)