PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

z28_2000
Sun, Sep-02-01, 22:27
My girlfriend and I started the Adkins diet on 8/27. It has been a bit of a challenge. We both find (especially her) that there is a low energy level and excersize is hard to do. I play basketball, and after I am done (playing for 2 hrs) I am exhausted. Even simple things like pushing a lawnmower puts some strain on the legs. Is this normal? I am normally in good shape. But still going strong.

r.mines
Sun, Sep-02-01, 23:04
A lot of people find the first couple of weeks of low-carbing difficult, as your body is making the transition from burning carbs to burning fats. People seem to experience headaches, tiredness, and general yucky feelings. Stick with low-carbing and it will pass. Taking a daily multivitamin and extra calcium, magnesium, and potassium will help, too.

Rachel

Raven
Mon, Sep-03-01, 06:59
Yes, I was the same way. I'm on day 11 of induction now and the first week was rather rough with muscle weakness and fatigue. (I lost a lot of water and most of my potassium with it) I seem to be over that now and have started exercising. I have *way* more energy now then when I started and even more than before I started. Stick with it and take your supplements and you'll get over the fatigue hump. Also don't forget to drink tons of water. Must be careful not to dehydrate while you're losing so much water. Dehydration will make you feel sick and tired.

Raven

debbiedobson
Tue, Sep-04-01, 13:25
welcome z28! hang in there and soon you'll feel terrific! this plan really works!