PDA

View Full Version : excited to be here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

geauxleaux
Tue, May-25-04, 09:17
Hi Everyone!

It's been a LONG while since I've joined any forums and am excited to meet new friends! Have been lurking here a bit and have picked up some GREAT tips from ya'll - THANKS!

I am new to low carbing, but am on Atkins and loving it - 14 pounds in three weeks! My mom used to be on Atkins all the time in the 1970s and I am pleased to see that my options are much broader than when she was doing it. I seem to remember her drinking and eating not much more than Tab, fried pork skins and mayonnaise - yecchh!

Anyway, I live just outside of New Orleans (some of the greatest food in the WORLD is here!), am married and have two children. I've always carried a few extra pounds, but not like this! I finally realized that I couldn't keep calling it "baby fat" when the "baby" is four years old! :p

Iowagirl
Tue, May-25-04, 09:21
Welcome! Be sure to check out the recipe sections and keep up the good work! :)

PKV
Tue, May-25-04, 11:04
Welcome and best of luck to you!:sunny:

vashka25
Tue, May-25-04, 12:12
Welcome to the forum!!!! Am sure you'll find everything you're looking for and a whole lot more, including many friends to help you along the way!
Feel free to stop by!