PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

meowmisu
Mon, May-24-04, 08:06
hello everyone,
I am new to this forum- and low carbing. I weighed in this morning and was dissapointed. I didnt lose at all this week, I am so bummed. My first week i dropped about 4 or 5, and nothing this week. I also weighed midweek and was two pounds lighter than today. What could account for these fluctuations? I dont get it. I just was at my folks house yesterday, and my mom commented how I look thinner, so thats a plus! I just want to see some results on the scale. Also on the plus side, I find myself less hungry on this plan- unlike with WW where i was constantly starving. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

AFwife
Mon, May-24-04, 09:02
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif

ttc#2
Mon, May-24-04, 10:07
Hello Meow-

Start a journal, people will read your menus and give advice.
It is also possible that you are losing inches, just not pounds.

You are doing great so far!

Missie
Mon, May-24-04, 11:01
Yeup- I'm with Valerie. Everytime I get discouraged at the bouncing numbers on the scale, my DH tells me to break out my tape measure and sure enough- theres an inch or two gone. Try taking measurements-

elimy
Mon, May-24-04, 11:12
Welcome Meowmisu!:wave:

I second the journal idea. It's a great way to keep track of everything. Just start a new thread in the "Journals/Bootcamp" room and that's your journal, so name it wisely!

Glad you could join us!

Emily

meowmisu
Mon, May-24-04, 12:08
Thanks everyone! :D

I will start the journal- that will be of help. After i left that post, i went to the closet and tried on a few pairs of pants that were too snug for comfort just two weeks ago, and they are fitting very VERY much better right now. YAYYYYYYYYY! I love it! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

meowmisu
Mon, May-24-04, 13:26
I started a journal all- thanks for the advice!