PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tickiej
Fri, May-21-04, 08:39
Hi,

A friend of mine, lost weight and she looks really nice. She stated that she was on a low-carb diet. Not taking in more the 20g a day. I started doing the same on 5/17 and lost 5 pounds. I am also walking 2 miles a day.

Is this ok? Should I take in more carbs. I am 5'6" and I know weigh 170 lbs.

Iowagirl
Fri, May-21-04, 09:47
I would click on the link to the right, "Which low carb plan is right for me?" and find a program that suits you best. If you are following Atkins I suggest you buy the book to better understand what you are getting in to. 20 grams of carbs a day is induction level, below 20 is not necessary.

Best of luck!

d'lyn
Fri, May-21-04, 14:04
It is a great suggestion to decide on a program and get the book so you can follow in a healthy way. But it sounds like you are off to a good start. The exercise you are getting sounds terrific!

d'lyn