PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Hydrophili
Thu, May-20-04, 21:40
New to the forum and though I would say hello! About me...I'm 21 years old and I'm from Illinois! Just got home from college a couple weeks ago and have started my summer diet. It seems to be an ongoing process, I gain during the school year while I'm away and diet it off during the summer. I don't do any sports during the school year but I swim with my old swim team here back home during the summer. We practice 2.5 hours 6 days/wk and average about 4 miles of swimming per practice. I started atkins just yesterday, even though swimmers are not supposed to do it because it's said to be bad for energy! I have a tendency to try to different diets, but I think I might try to stick to this one for 4 weeks or so and see how I feel. I also lift weights 3 days a week. I take ECA occasionally and I also bought cytomel which I might stack with something (clenbuterol or ECA) somewhere along the line. I'm a cellular & functional biology/pre-physical therapy major...but who knows what I'll do in grad school. :p

anonyMouse
Thu, May-20-04, 21:51
Welcome, hydrophili. I hope you find all the information you want here. It's a friendly place with lots of encouraging folks.

Although I'm new at this lc WOL, from what I've learned so far, it is just that . . . a Way of Life. If you do lc and lose weight and then go back to eating carbs like you used to, it sounds like the chances are high that the weight will come back. That's what I've read anyway.

Good luck with it. I wish you all the best. And it sounds like as active as you are you should have no problem losing weight on Atkins, just make sure to drink enough water and don't skip any meals.

elimy
Thu, May-20-04, 22:11
Welcome Hydrophili! :wave:

I think you'll love this forum. So much support here! I'm a swimmer too and aside from the first few weeks, I've had no problem with swimming while on Atkins. If anything, I have more energy and it's constant, unlike the ups and downs of you get from unstable blood sugar.

I would highly recommend starting a journal in the forum. It's a great way to record your journey. People will drop by and give advice and encouragement in it and you can do the same in theirs. Go to the "Journals/Bootcamp" room and start your own thread, that thread then becomes your journal, so name the title wisely! It will also put a button on the bottom of your posts as you can see on mine.

Glad you could join us!

Emily