PDA

View Full Version : Can I live without it..........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Reniee
Wed, May-19-04, 11:40
Okay, I just started the induction phase of the Atkins "Way of Life" on May 18th (yesterday). I am a chocoholic and I love Dr. Pepper :D

I look at the success stories on Atkins website everyday to help me get going once those cravings come. I would love any advice anyone has to offer to help me stay on this. I drink plenty of water but it doesn't always take away the craving!

rorison3
Wed, May-19-04, 12:15
I am a chocoholic as well, actually I love all sweets, as a matter of fact someone just put liquourish out for anyone who wants some and it is killing me not to eat it! But I am not going to eat it! Maybe we could we Atkin buddies - I did eat Almonds this morning which apparently are a no-no until after induction - so I have put those aside for the next 2 weeks.

jbird
Wed, May-19-04, 13:06
this is how I look at it. You can live without it if one you are willing to accept substitues (that don't taste exactly the same) and you can live without it if two you really really really want to lose the weight.

While aspartame is "not" permitted I can tell you its really an idividual thing. A lot of people don't have any problems drinking diet. So if you can handle Diet Dr. Pepper Caffiene Free, that may get you through. And after induction there are lots of opportunities to work in chocolate substitutes.

Induction is the hardest phase but you CAN do it and will feel so much better for it.

Good luck
Jenny

Reniee
Wed, May-19-04, 14:57
That would be wonderful! I am really really craving chocolate right now =-)

Reniee
Wed, May-19-04, 15:00
Thank you for the support! I will try and make it through these 2 weeks. I was actually going to further than 2 weeks but we'll see.

monicah
Wed, May-19-04, 15:14
hallo,my name monicah,its my first time in these site

Carina8
Wed, May-19-04, 19:48
Remember... nothing tasts as good as thin feels!

also... on induction your supposed to stay away from anything other than the whole foods listed.. meats and veggies.

...but my habit was to sit at work and eat chocolate all day long. good stuff.. a whole shoe box full for our dept everyday.

it was hard not to go into the drawer, so for the 3 days before I started to LC, i got some low carb, high protien choclate health bars of some sort... I cut them in to bite size pieces and would pop one in my mouth to avoid the candy box.

It really helped me to break the habit of going in the candy box, and satisified my craving.

Now... if I have a special family event (at least once a month) I take a low carb cookie, or a low-carb chocolate bar so I don't go over carbs... I call it my "legal cheating".

Hope that will help,
Carina

adkpam
Wed, May-19-04, 19:51
Tell yourself it's only for two weeks. Believe me, two weeks from now, they will STILL be making chocolate.
And the low carb candy is really good. You can't tell the difference, so it's not like you'll never have chocolate again.
You just have to moderate it. REALLY. Low carb chocolate can have bad digestive effects if you eat too much!