PDA

View Full Version : k, I am new and a little nervous that I am

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rorison3
Wed, May-19-04, 11:10
doing this right. It is day 2 for me - I weighed in yesterday at 142 and hope to one day maintain the LC lifestyle at 120. I am currently doing the Atkins induction. It's a little tough as I don't enjoy a lot of veggies. I get sick of them real quick but I am perservering so far. I gave up my beloved coffee with french vanilla creamer, as my creamer has 7g per Tbsp and I can't drink coffee without it. Today I ate 2 fried eggs (in butter) and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast, 8 almonds for snack, 2 cups mixed baby green lettuce, 1/2 tomato, tbsp feta cheese, 1/2 can tuna, 10 thin slices of salami with ranch dressing for lunch - does this sound ok so far? for an afternoon snack I have celery and cream cheese. I just want to say that I have been going through this site thoroughly and have enjoyed it so far - I can see how wonderful and supportive everyone is here, thanks Val

iwill
Wed, May-19-04, 11:18
Hey Val, welcome. From what I can tell, you're eating fine, but I would, at least for the first 2 weeks, cut out the almonds. And if you have'nt, do read the book.

Good luck.

anonyMouse
Wed, May-19-04, 14:33
Welcome, Val. For the short time I've been here, I've really enjoyed it. There is an awesome amount of support and encouragement, not to mention all the information. I agree that you should avoid nuts during induction. Other than that, it looks like you're doing well.

I believe I saw another post of yours regarding eggs for breakfast. Take a look at the recipe section if you get a chance. There are a lot of good recipes there, just be careful because some may not be appropriate while on induction.

Blessings on the journey.

anonyMouse

ani_d
Wed, May-19-04, 19:08
Sounds to me like you are doing great. I see that you are not on any particular plan, so you needent worry about induction...But if you do decide that the low carb lifestyle becomes too challenging, please do take the time to read a low carb book...Atkins is probably the easiest to get through, at least that was my experience.

Carina8
Wed, May-19-04, 19:37
seems like you are doing well.. and if you want to follow atkins closely do avoid nuts.. if you have another plan maybe they're okay???

So glad you found the forum.. everyone has been GREAT at answering questions and providing support!!

Carina