PDA

View Full Version : Carol

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ladydesert
Sun, May-16-04, 07:57
Hello, out there in LC Land! I've been on Atkins since the first of Apr.'04. Started at 210# and am down to 175......never felt better!! I'm no Spring Chicken, but I figured most of my aches and pains were due to too much weight...Boy, was I right! I haven't felt this good in quite a while.

I resisted this diet, tooth and nail, until I saw my spouse melting away before my eyes. It came down to either getting on the bandwagon or outweighing him. The main reason I resisted was CHOCOLATE!!! Then, after Induction, I discovered Breyers Carb Smart Rocky Road Ice Cream!!!! It tasted a little wierd at first, but I got over it. It is the thing I look forward to as a reward for being good all day. I'm not losing as fast as during induction, but I feel that, if I lose more slowly (ie: 2-3 lbs. per week), maybe my old skin will have more chance to shrink, too! I have noticed more wrinkles lately....I think a few wrinkles are a small price to pay for feeling GREAT! However, does anyone know of a cream or lotion that will help my skin in its struggle to fit better??
Looking forward to learning a bunch from this site.....Carol

AEidman
Sun, May-16-04, 10:12
Carol. That is awesome. You have lost alot already. When did hubby start LC'ing? How much has he lost. Its good that you let his loss be your motivation. My hubby and I are starting Atkins together tomorrow :) Alicia

ladydesert
Mon, May-17-04, 08:26
Awesome

My sweetie has been on Atkins since the first of this year...started at 250# and is now trying to reach 200#. He seems to have hit a "plateau" at 205#. Best of luck to you both! It's great to do this together so that you have someone to talk carbs with. That way, one doesn't drive one's friends screaming into the sunset if they hear the word "carb" one more time!!!
Carol

Allikins
Mon, May-17-04, 08:52
Great progress for both you and your husband. It's sometimes tough when both people aren't doing it. My hubby doesn't need to LC so it's hard watching him eat some of the things I miss. But, I know this is for my health and he's very supportive.

Hope you enjoy this site. There's lots of great recipes and advice.

P.S. I don't think such a miracle cream exists. But if you find something that helps, let me know :)

4beans4me
Mon, May-17-04, 16:14
Hello and welcome Carol! :wave: