PDA

View Full Version : Still no movement

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

whyme123
Thu, May-13-04, 18:57
Well, Im back. I have not had that scale move for 5 weeks at least and I am faithfully sticking to Atkins. Im not perfect but I know what I am putting into my mouth and that scale is just not budging.
I am questioning if Atkins is really right for me. Truthfully, until I came here I didnt know that there were any other low carb diets out there. I know how silly that must sound to you all but I really didnt.
Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to another lc woe that I can try. I'd love to incorporate some fruit into my diet. I feel like I am really missing that. I think I can somehow do without the "sweets" forever but I'd like to have a banana and apple once in a while.

Can someone just step in and run my life for a while please?? LOL
Any suggestions?

Again,
Desperate

mischa
Thu, May-13-04, 19:29
Hello there..and welcome ..again? :)

I am sorry you are not losing on Atkins. You should try www.fitday.com and list all your intake there..to see if you can see the problem. Often too much cheese or cream can stall..of course a lot of the sugar alcohol LC goodies. Try to give us a list and we perhaps can check it over and give suggestions:)

About other plans..check out the link here

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/

good luck and come by and let me know how you are doing:)

:wave:

AFwife
Fri, May-14-04, 10:50
Can you post some menu's so we can help you tweek it.

:)

whyme123
Fri, May-14-04, 14:52
Hello,

I tried expanding my breakfast b/c last time I was here someone said that I was not eating enough and I agree. I have been making omlets with cream, cheese, mushrooms, scallions and sometimes bacon.
I do drink 2 cups of coffee a day in the morning and I am really not interested in giving that up. I have a little one and feel that it helps me get going. I did give it up when I was pregnant but I like my coffee...w/splenda and cream.
Lunch is almost always a green salad and either chicken salad that I make myself or a couple cheesebugers or left over meat from the night before.
Dinner is alway one of the following, chicken, steak, pork or sometimes fish. I only make the vegetables on induction so we eat a lot of cauli, broccli, string beans, zucchini etc.
I was eating one low carb bar after dinner every night and someone told me that was probably what was holding me up so I gave them up. In there place I have been "picking" celery w/ cream cheese and any leftover meats etc. but I think I may be eating too much of that?
I decided today that I really need fruit back into my diet. Not in ridiculous amounts of course but some anyway.
I bought some excellent strawberries today and had 4 of them and truely enjoyed them so much. I havent had anything like that. Im also going to add a banana and apple occasionally.

Do you have any suggestions of another low carb woe other than atkins that I can try to follow. Im certainlly not anti-Atkins at all but personally I need more.

I am pretty comfortable in this routine and do not crave bread or pasta anymore but there are some things that I need.

Thanks so much for responding to me. I really appreciate it.
Im sure you can understand when I say that I have no real support here in my circle of family & friends. they all think that I am crazy for eating this way but they are all overweight too so I totally do not believe in that low fat way anymore.

I was the heaviest that I have ever been in my life and my cupboards were stuffed full of no fat & low fat foods....and I was ALWAYS hungry.
At least I am happier this way but I do need direction and guidance.

thanks again.

kadle
Fri, May-14-04, 16:46
I know how you feel I have been the same weight since march, and all I can do is keep trying .... so dont you give up either...

It will happen just stay positive and come here often for support..

If you want to chat Im here

Trish2004
Sat, May-15-04, 18:01
I'm just starting the atkins program.I have had a weight problem my whole life and have sucessfully lost 100's of pounds over the years.Unfortunately I have always chose the wrong ways and I have gained the pounds back.I have read many many books looking for the answer. I have been a bit skeptical of the atkins plan, but saw so much sucess over the last few years.
I figured I'd give it a try. I just did'nt like all the unhealthy fats in the diet which I am going to try to limit.I'm kind of doing atkins first then switching over to south beach.
I know you are looking to add fruits into your diet, and I know suzanne somers plan allows you to eat fruit every morning.
I read her book years ago but was'nt really ready to give it my 100 percent.She had fruit like an hour before her big breakfast.
Which was usually eggs and bacon. She also lives a low carb lifesytle.
So you might want to check out her plan Somersizing.
Good luck!
Trish

missy7938
Sun, May-16-04, 09:54
Do you have a copy of Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? You could try what he suggests in the book.......a fat fast. Hang in there and don't give up! Missy