PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Newbie Newbie! That's Me!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

iluv2race
Thu, May-13-04, 15:02
Hello low carb friends! :wave:

I am just getting started and have seen and heard good things!
I am in the induction phase of Atkins and feel great.
Before I started Atkins I was watching what I ate somewhat and now I have a menu and a plan and it feels good. I am still having carb cravings after 6 days but I have realized that if I just go eat some cheese the craveing goes away!

I do have a question if anyone out there cares to answer:::::?

I am not supposed to put salad dressing on my salad during induction?
I have been using blue cheese and just a "smidge" for flavor or is it ok to put it on as long as I stay under 20 carbs?

Thanks and wish me good eating and good luck! :)

mischa
Thu, May-13-04, 18:40
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

You found the most wonderful place for information and support:)

Here is the Induction food list (http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/15-464579.html) ..you can mix a salad dressing from oil and vinegar and a bit of sour cream, however when I was on induction I use full fat salad dressings:)

I wish you great success

:wave:

PKV
Thu, May-13-04, 19:29
Welcome and good luck to you! :sunny:

eric909
Fri, May-14-04, 00:20
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

2Short
Fri, May-14-04, 08:25
Hi!

You've come to the right place for information and support. This is a wonderful community of low-carbers!

This is day 306 for me...so thinking wayyyyyyyyyyyy back to induction times...I used full fat italian all through induction. How weird that felt to switch from no fat, or low fat to fully fatted! Gotta love it! And gotta love the way you feel too! I'm like you...never felt better. I know that I would follow this WOE (way of eating), even if I didn't loose weight...just because of the way I feel.

Don't let the carb cravings torture you...you did the right thing by eating cheese...or any other protein for that manner. There's no reason to be hungry on this plan.

Do consider starting a journal...and go visiting other people too. You can get to someone's journal by clicking the journal button at the bottom of their post. So when you read a post and want to get to know that person better...go see them. It is a great way to make friends and you'll learn alot too!

I wish you the best of luck. You have a wonderful attitude, and I'm betting you will do well!

Chris

AFwife
Fri, May-14-04, 08:27
http://images.spiderpaws.com/stuff/welcomefish.gif

d'lyn
Fri, May-14-04, 11:34
Everyone reacts differently but most people are able to eat the regular dressing with no stalls. I eat the ranch dressing and mayonaisse without any problems.

Welcome to the forum.

iluv2race
Fri, May-14-04, 21:07
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I started a journal a week ago on the Atkins website. I have lost 3 1/2 pounds in one week and couldn't feel better. No more yucky bloating!
So far so good!

Thanks for answering my salad dressing question. I have been using regular full fat blue cheese and Ceasar.

Today I had salmon with some mayo and a 3 cup salad for dinner!

looking forward to chatting with all of you! :daizy:

rwyner
Sun, Aug-08-04, 18:36
I know what is on the induction list, but on the Atkins website it has induction recipes that use unsweetened chocolate and cocoa powder. So, I assume that these can be used if you count the carb grams, right?

nikkil
Sun, Aug-08-04, 18:55
Even tho it's not on the Induction list it's something that should be IMO (maybe will show up on an updated list soon :lol: )

I've used unsweetened powder regularly since day 1. It's high fiber/low carb and really satisfies your chocolate "needs". I put 1 tsp in my coffee (with cream and davinci's syrup) every morning :yum: :yum: :yum:

Another thing is just whip some heavy whipping cream with electric beaters and add some davinci's or Splenda and 2 tsp of cocoa - mousse!!!

Janie3k
Tue, Aug-10-04, 22:42
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome1.gif

LCsenorita
Sun, Oct-31-04, 19:26
Hi! I'm new too, but just wanted to welcome you! We can learn together!

bonesigh
Sun, Oct-31-04, 19:43
Welcome! There are a number of salad dressings that are LC. Look at some of the "Newman's Own." The "Creamy Caeser" has 1g of carbs. Good luck!

-Mike

beejereeno
Sun, Oct-31-04, 19:46
Hi and welcome!

Jazzylyn
Mon, Nov-01-04, 03:53
Hello and a big welcome to the forums!

bob2112
Mon, Nov-01-04, 05:08
Welcome to the forums.

ashzmommy
Thu, Nov-11-04, 20:29
Hey, from one newbie to another......you can have up to 20g of carbs a day during the induction phase and still lose weight. That's what I read in the Atkin's literature anyway and that is what my husband and I are following. BUT....if you want to try and delicious ZERO carb dressing, try Kraft Carb Well Italian dressing and/or Wishbone Carb Options Ranch....both are delicious. I am unsure if they have a bleu cheese version in either of those, but it wouldn't hurt to investigate. Hope it helped. Heather

islndgirl
Thu, Dec-01-05, 15:01
Hi everyone, just started on the eating plan today...first day in...I'm getting married in Feb 06.....and the eye opener was when I tried on my wedding gown yesterday...wow! I looked like a german shepherd .....I had to settle for a size 18 gown... I'm 187 lbs and very down. I hope I can drop atleast 45 lbs. HELP

missaec
Thu, Dec-01-05, 17:40
Welcome!! I didn't read through what everyone else said, so someone may have answered your question. Usually during induction I just make sure I stay under 20 carbs. I don't usually worry too much about what it is that I eat as long as I don't go over that. That may not be structured enough for some people, but it works for me. If you want salad dressing, have salad dressing. Just stay under 20!! :)