PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Missouri

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MizzouMom
Wed, May-12-04, 17:32
Hello. My name is Julia. I'm a SAHM to 3 year old b/g twins. I've been doing a "low carb" diet for about 4 months. I seem to have hit a plateau. I did get down to 169 but climbed back to 172. I just seem to fluctuate between 170 and 175. I'm not strickly on Atkins. More towards South Beach. I'm watching my fat intake too. And also trying to limit salt. I retain water like a sponge. My biggest struggle is getting exercise. Although chasing after 3 year old twins you would wonder why. :confused: I do some pilates exercises. And I've been pretty happy with the results. I just found some instructions on the internet. I don't have the videos or any equipment strictly for pilates though.

I'm hoping to find some new ideas here and support. I look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

mischa
Wed, May-12-04, 18:54
Hi Julia

welcome to the forum :wave: You found the right place for information and support. There is ton's to read up on.

Have fun

:wave:

anonyMouse
Wed, May-12-04, 22:12
Welcome, Julie. You have indeed found the right place for support and information. I found this forum a week ago and am addicted. I started a journal to help me on my journey. It's also helped to read the journals of others and know that we're all in this together. There's always someone who has gone through, or is going through similar situations.

I too am a SAHM. My kids are 6, 2, and 1 and I've wondered for a long time why chasing after them hasn't helped me lose weight. I'm glad I found this way of eating (WOE) though. I know it's going to change my life.

Blessings on your journey!!

anonyMouse

4beans4me
Thu, May-13-04, 08:13
Hello and welcome Julie!! :wave:

MizzouMom
Thu, May-13-04, 08:16
Thank you for the welcomes! I've already found some great information! :)