PDA

View Full Version : another newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mischief
Tue, May-11-04, 11:07
Hello. My name is Lynda...but the name was taken for here so i chose my kitty's name mischeif. I am 28 years old. I have four daughters that keep me busy, along with my full time job. I am at the point in my life that i feel i am at a dead end. I weigh too much and have lost weight successfully on low fat before..but along came another baby and BABOOM, i am a balloon.
I am going back to college to persue nursing once again. I am newly married and Am quite depressed about small things. In reality they are small, however I have been diagnosed as clinicly depressed.
I am what you all call 'yo yo dieter" now. one day i decide to do low fat, as it worked for me before...but after three weeks and a mere pound shed i say.." im doing atkins. "
my sister went from 380 to 120 in two and a half years. She did atkins and southbeach....So if she can do it, so can i.
And this is my introduction. I am well read with the atkins plan. I know the do's and donts
what i fear are the headaches of withdrawl and no energy. How long does it last?
And does it help with depression?

mischa
Tue, May-11-04, 14:13
Hi Lynda

welcome to the forum:) I wish you much success on your journey and if you need anything come visit:)

:wave:

omalleyc
Tue, May-11-04, 16:05
Welcome! You can do this if you put your mind to it. I don't know about the headaches of withdrawal, unfortunately. Hopefully it won't be enough to get you off track & once you see the pounds come off you'll start to feel better about yourself. Good luck!

Chris