PDA

View Full Version : lostkiwi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lostkiwi
Mon, May-10-04, 20:07
Hello

I am a Kiwi (New Zealander) who has been interested in lo carb dieting for a while. I work in Thailand and while spending 11 hours on the plane I watched a documentary on the latest scientific findings on the Atkins Diet.

Singapore Airport bookshop I looked through the Extensive Atkins selection, BUT DIDN'T BUY ONE. Arrived on the rig and suddenly started Lo carb.

It's been 8 days and i've lost a few pounds. But the main thing that has hooked me is that I am not craving food. Eating three meals and a piece of fruit. (I know thats not on the diet).

No caffiene (and thats what oil rigs run on), no simple carbs and no cravings.

Now of course I'm stuck on an oil rig in the south China sea for four weeks with no book to answer my questions so I'm checking the web.

If I give yoiu my diet perhaps someone can tell me if I'm making any major errors.

Breakfast: Bacon, sausage, cheese omlette, 1/2 spoon baked beans. (Are baked beans allowed?)

Lunch/dinner: Meats, gravy, 1/2 cup cooked veges (cauliflour, carrots, onions) and small lettuce salad.

Sometimes one piece of fruit for a snack Orange/mandarin or nashi.

Lots of water (its the hot season here) I work 14 hour days for 28 days and don't feel any worse than usual.

Taking one Supradyn multivitamin capsule/day.

Paris
Mon, May-10-04, 20:58
Atkins Induction does not allow fruit in the first 2 weeks. Also no baked beans until sometime in OWL. If you cannot get access to a book now, check out atkins.com - the plan is outlined in detail there.